Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM3 V8 Official Press Release:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2007 at 12:59
nice wheels and there onto a winner
Sponsored Links

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 09:49

Originally posted by maxfield maxfield wrote:

nice wheels and there onto a winner

That's what I was thinking!! The CSL wheels that they had on the concept car looked spot on!!!

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
finnie View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 12:14
Got to agree that red version looks like a halfords special. Black wheels look ok on a rally style car but not on a gorgeous upmarket high speed track car. Not on a bmw anyway. Except for the 330i that BMW car are running. The CSL wheels look much better in my opinion anyway. The grey also looks far better.

Overall though I'm not entirely convinced. Not by the pics anyway. I felt the same when the coupe first came out but now I have seen a few black ones with nice big alloys, it is totally growing on me. I have even seen a few nicely kitted up saloons. Have you noticed the rear arches on the saloons are more pronounced and look better than the coupe's with big wheels in them?

But I have to say that I remember when the E46 M3 came out. I loved that as soon as I laid my eyes on the pics!
Silverstone Blue 2006 E60 M5, 1999 Caterham Superlight R, 204bhp!
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 18:18
There's a night and day difference between the 'official' pictures of the red car and the 'concept' from Geneva.

Edited by Sporty1

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
RobChase View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobChase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2007 at 00:32
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

agreed - but still looks like a FAT E36 coupe to me

Brilliant

I have an Imola red e46 m3 and to be honest its not a colour that everyone likes at first but after a while it grows on you....

Paint the roof red and change those wheels and it'll be a savage looking car and as for the drive I think we all know what that'll be like!

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2007 at 12:37

It's all about the wheels..........I think.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
fozzymandeus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzymandeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2007 at 14:42
Originally posted by finnie finnie wrote:

I have even seen a few nicely kitted up saloons. Have you noticed the rear arches on the saloons are more pronounced and look better than the coupe's with big wheels in them?

I don't like the new three much, saloon, vert or coupe but you're right about tricked up saloons - I have a begrudging admiration for the 320si... especially in white. The alloys on it are great.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic