Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril meet 2007 ....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Individual Mora Metallic E36 328i Conv

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 18:06
Just wanted to say it was very nice to meet everyone for the first time (hopefully not the last), big thanks do Davy and Jean for their great hospitality. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Swanny
BMW Parts Advisor, Feel Free To Ask Me Anything !!!!!!
Sponsored Links

finnie View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 18:39
I loved my golf day and admit I did a wee drive past at half five. Only got a glimpse of someone getting into a silver M3 with CSL wheels Maybe it was a csl. A few cars left didn't bother stopping as had to get my passenger home for his tea! Didn't see anyone enjoying any driving on the nearby roads.
Silverstone Blue 2006 E60 M5, 1999 Caterham Superlight R, 204bhp!
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 20:09

Originally posted by Swanny Swanny wrote:

Just wanted to say it was very nice to meet everyone for the first time (hopefully not the last), big thanks do Davy and Jean for their great hospitality. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that... an enjoyable day, nice to meet and chat with everyone and lovely weather too!!!

Edited by Issy

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 20:24
I am still trying to work out what is so entertaining about standing about looking at and talking about cars ...... must be the company , nice to meet you all I had great  day . Thanks to Davy for the inspections, Jean for the buffet and Gary for the organising thing.
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 20:42

Had a "Dogs Danglies" day !! (thats a good thing) The chat was brilliant as was the array of metal  on show. 

Carlsberg don't make church car parks, but if they did...............

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 21:05

Excellent day out!

Nice to put names to faces and shiney cars. The treat for me today was, Pardeeps E30 M3...simply stunning mate!

Again thanks to Davey  ..and Jean for the delicious food spread and lubricants.

I had a great day on and off the road, with the weather being so good and the twisty roads which, were relatively quiet on the way home..

tong328icab View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tong328icab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 21:43

Gutted i missed another meet, got called in to work at the last minute

Looks like everyone had a great time ant the weather was spot on

I will be at Troon

Gradon View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gradon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 21:47
Damn!!..missed a good meeting today by the looks of things guys, (and girls)..i blamed the sunshine for coming out..wife saw the forecast this weekend and said the only thing i was polishing was the flymos blades whilst cutting the grass..see you all at the next one..(hopefully!).
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 21:50
Cheers to everyone who turned up and made this another cracking event... Davy was knackered by the time the last car went on the ramp.

The church made £65 so thanks to everyone who dipped into their pockets, this means we can use the car park again for next years meet.

Davy and jean were really impressed by the array of machines on display.

Well done one and all
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 22:34

Originally posted by finnie finnie wrote:

I did a wee drive past at half five. Only got a glimpse of someone getting into a silver M3 with CSL wheels 

I spotted ya Ian, that was me gettin ready for a blast down the A71.  

Another great day had by myself, felt like going home after my work but really glad i changed my mind.

My first time up at BM Motors, many thanks to Davy and Jean for their awesome hospitality, those fresh cream apple turnovers and hot tea were to die for!

Also great to see everyone's cars looking their best, short sleeves and shades being worn and some good banter and refreshments, roll on the summer.

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2007 at 23:08

what was the total car count at BM Motors today?

[edit] just spotted, 25 or so cars[/edit]

oh well, back to the JD & coke

Edited by Rossi
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2007 at 08:33

Had a great day out guys, good to see and chat to you all again!!

Cheers to Davy and Jean for thier hospitality! And also to Gary for organising!!

Cars were stunning as usuall!!( just made me want an M3 now!!!)

roll on Troon!!

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Big Stuff View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Stuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2007 at 09:16

Folks that was my second meet and was a great day out.

Great to talk to everyone and great weather made the day.

Fantastic to meet the legends that are Davy and Jean. Big thanks to Davy for looking over the car esp. as mine was later in the day. Even greased up my sticky bonnet catch for me. Big bonus for me was he said underside was like new

I must second Pardeep's 'freash outa the box' looking M3 was highlight of my day. Lucky sod!

2002 330ci SE - Factory Straight - Now gone cause am skint and in a wee diesel - Aw naw - boo hoo
finnie View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2007 at 09:27
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

Originally posted by finnie finnie wrote:

I did a wee drive past at half five. Only got a glimpse of someone getting into a silver M3 with CSL wheels 

I spotted ya Ian, that was me gettin ready for a blast down the A71.  

Another great day had by myself, felt like going home after my work but really glad i changed my mind.

My first time up at BM Motors, many thanks to Davy and Jean for their awesome hospitality, those fresh cream apple turnovers and hot tea were to die for!

Also great to see everyone's cars looking their best, short sleeves and shades being worn and some good banter and refreshments, roll on the summer.

I thought I saw someone looking. Don't suppose if you heard my engine ticking, that was the main reason I wanted to go. So that I could compare m3 for m3
Silverstone Blue 2006 E60 M5, 1999 Caterham Superlight R, 204bhp!
Krell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2007 at 12:00

First meeting and first post all in one weekend!

Top day and thanks to all for making me feel welcome - especially Edinburgh crew as I never would've found it otherwise.

Will get some piccies of the motor sorted out and introduce myself properly soon. 

Hope to see you again in Troon beerchug

Graeme

e39  M5 Velvet Blue - couldn't get it into the car park!!

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2007 at 12:19
Originally posted by Krell Krell wrote:

Will get some piccies of the motor sorted out and introduce myself properly soon. 

Graeme e39  M5 Velvet Blue 

Here's a starter for you....

e39 m5 velet blue

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2007 at 13:14
Originally posted by Krell Krell wrote:

e39  M5 Velvet Blue - couldn't get it into the car park!

Car looks properly tasty in that colour! Welcome aboard
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2007 at 15:10
Looks lovely mate.

A big thank you has to go to Ian Young, one of Davy's customers who provided all the prizes for the tombola. He has promised us even more next year as he did not realise how big this event was to be.

Ian the club thanks you
gav m coupe View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gav m coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2007 at 22:26
Looked like a good turn out, with perfect weather, only managed a quick hi and bye at Newfield, had to be in Glasgow for 1.30 was bloody starvin and seeing all the food being served made it ten times worse, if I'd have known there was some of you at Davie's till late in the afternoon id have popped back out. Glad to hear all went well and will catch up with you all at Ayr.  Gav.
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2007 at 00:40
Oh My God, how utterly stunning is that !! its what it all about guys, its all "dame Edna" after that !! beayoooooootiful! IMO !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic