Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAC Schnitzer suspension - worth it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2002 at 18:59

jeez Doc... you don't want coil overs.

you can never get them just right, or at least that's what you keep telling yourself and you spend the rest of your life resetting the bu66ers insted of enjoying the thing.

The Schnitzer set is the best comprimise, bar none. But you can get good results with just the right springs and some konis and you get the corner weights done by using different springs... oh and don't forget the neg cam top mounts...sometimes you don't need anything else.

.... after all Doc... it's not like we ever drive flat out in the wet down through Craner!

Sponsored Links

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2002 at 17:51

Lancelot,

I was wondering where you got your coil-over kit from. Could you tell me what it consists of, and also what you have at the front.

Thanks.

John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2002 at 09:20

The Schnitzer kit is a road kit, it won' cut the mustard on the track. Remember that these kind of kits were designed around German roads that don't resemble plowed fields, so in that environment they will work well.

Any suspension upgrade will compromise your ride, stiffer suspension which is an inherrent part of an upgrade will mean a more compromised ride.

Personally, I will never buy any suspension upgrade that is not adjustable. They may be more expensive in the long run but it's cheaper than throwing it all away after 6 months because you can't get it to work how you wan't it.

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2002 at 09:02

I've only heard good things, other than the price!

The only BUT being the chap I spoke to said you probably don't feel much benefit on the road but on track at the limit would be a different story. He struck me as a relative novice so without belittling him I guess it was pretty easy to spot the difference.

He was talking E30 M3 by the way.

IMHO I believe the billy/eibach kit is probably a more cost effective improvement.

I'd recommend talking to someone like Nigel at Moseley Motors (01952 503992 )or Barney at Munich Legends (01825 740456) as a minimum, they've tried them all I would imagine.

MarkD View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2002 at 12:38
Obviously I am considering buying the Schnitzer suspension kit (for my next M3, not the current one!) Therefore I am wondering what the pros and cons are of the kit. Anybody here have experience of what it's like? If so what would you say the main benefits are and how do you find it for regular road driving - allowing for your dreadful roads!

Thanks for any comments.

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic