Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlease Race Me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 16:06
let face it though its not always the 'chav' fault after all alot of you are saying you'd beat them. how many of you love wasting that nova as much as he'd like to waste you? really just as bad, you've just got more money and don't have to try as hard.

I remeber on 2 occations whilst in my old renault 5 turbo on a nice bit of twist B road i over took large, quite quick cars. One was a 24 valve carlton GSI and on another day a 328 sport, both were well below the speed limit and both drove up bumper once i'd over taken.

Like a 'chav' i obviously turned the boost up to 30PSI or so which equated to around 200 BHP in a striped out renault 5 and wasted them round a road i new well
Andy

1987 M3 - Henna red, UK supplied
1971 V12 Jaguar E-type - Midnight blue
1991 205 GTI - Black track car
2003 Tonykart Venox Rotax Max
Sponsored Links

darren s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 16:24

the problem is that most people with inferior cars,would die for an m3,and when they see one,they get all flustered, and just cant help themselves, they have to have a go.

I've found focus's and the new mini's the worst culprits,but i did get stuffed by a cossie that was pushing out serious horses,still you win most lose even less.

darren

m3 evo
Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 17:17
Don't forget the E46 330s which will invariably have a go cos their cars newer so must be better/faster.
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
micky_h View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 17:32
Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

Originally posted by s14man s14man wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" ="Msonormal"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I know its not worth it but it can be difficult to resist especially when your cars saying to you can you kick it I think I can

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" ="Msonormal">

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" ="Msonormal">The problem is that the moment you do.....you're no better than they are.

I probably would have done myself,been about 5 or 6 times so far that some chavs wanted to race and I've just though it's not worth it.But when a thirtysomething (bet that shocked you all) says your a w*****r when your minding you own business then I think that takes the biscuit.
stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 17:41

I agree, I've had too many of them making rude gestures in my direction when (imo) I've done nothing wrong, my most hated are the aforementioned W-signal, and the "screw loose" one, where the put their finger against their temple, these are the same people who complain profusely about road rage, which they do nothing to alleviate by their pubescent and misguided over-reactions....

rant over... lol

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
BM Fan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 18:59
Its easy to get sucked into it. 

There was a case over here - last year I think , where two cars were dicing along the M50 (Ring road around Dublin).  One guy lost it, through the median , killed himself and I think some else in the process.  The other driver was caught and prosecuted, I think he lost his license for life and also got some serious jail time.

I use that to keep me in reality, works most of the time although not always.
Martin
In BMW exile at the moment (Shame on me for lurking!!!)
Previous Models
2001 E39 520i Auto
1996 E36 M3 Evo Individual
1996 E36 328i Coupe
1997 E36 318i Conv
1992 E36 316i Sln

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 20:32

I didn't think anyone wanted to race me. I used to be a nutter - flat out everywhere, although didn't think I took any risks. Now I'm a bit older, and don't really see the point of burning up twice as much fuel to get somewhere a few minutes quicker, I drive a little slower. Now I do, I now find alot of wannabe racing drivers trying to race me. I find though if you maintain the same speeds around a couple of corners they soon seem to give up and realise they don't really stand a chance.

I once had a group of lads in a Golf VR6 chase me in my Europameister, Golf VR6 out of Bristol up the M32. I pulled away from them after 140 MPH. They caught me once I was off the motorway which made me feel a little uneasy, they followed me everywhere I went untill I got onto a B'road I know well and I lost them pretty easily then.

My SE attracts attention good and bad. I mostly get stares rather that come ons. I have had a few boy racers catch me while I was plodding along, look at the car as they slowly past and went on there merry way.

My job involves alot of driving, and I really do value my licence, so unless I know the road pretty well and know whats about, I would probably leave them to it.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
David321 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 04:09

Agree - none of this is worth your license. A blast away from traffic lights on an A-road or putting your foot down out of roadworks on the m'way is not going to hurt anyone - you can just back off when you hit the speed limit.

Silly speeds and crazy manouevres just to prove your car is faster are not the point. Leave those antics to the chavs in Asda car park...

E36 M3 Evo - Techno Violet
Previous & current rides...
s14man View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 12:23

It can be fun, but as has been said its not worth it, we are responsible for actions. Due to a few seconds of fun we could cripple or even kill an innocent person.

Remember if you kill or hurt any one due to messing about on the road you will have to carry the guilt.

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 18:42
normal country road, 60 limit, Civic Type-R in front doing 25 to 30. Smoked windows few chavs in it (or should that be innit! ).
Anyway, I decided to overtake, dropped into 'S' on auto, indicated and pulled out. Started to overtake (without kickdown) and the beggers speeded up to match me, not very impressed as this can be dangerous if another car comes whizzing other way, so kicked the throttle - chav tried to match me but didnt see car in front of him and had to slow pretty rapidly since we were coming to a village (30 limit). I managed to overtake them both, pull in and still make the 30 - chavs weren't happy as they were stuck behind a stiffneck. I took a few turnings in the village and had a rest 'cos the last thing I wanted was a chav sitting on my tail (which realy annoys me).
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 18:47
Originally posted by SHEPSM3 SHEPSM3 wrote:

I once had a group of lads in a Golf VR6 chase me in my Europameister, Golf VR6 out of Bristol up the M32. I pulled away from them after 140 MPH..........etc.......

My job involves alot of driving, and I really do value my licence,

Look at the first paragraph of yours above.

Now look at the second line.

Now I would ask you two things:

1 - do you really value your licence?

2 - you obviously couldn't care less about the value of life of those other drivers on the roads too.

I find it utterly disgraceful that someone would admit to 'racing' on a public road at a speed of 140mph.  You should be banned.  Plain and simple.

If you're going to 'race', do it on a private road or a track - not anywhere where you'll wipe out an innocent life with the slightest twitch of your steering wheel when you're leasting expecting it.

The latter happens, and there are families out there deprived of loved one that stand testament to it because of mindless idiots doing just what you have admitted to.

Edited by Coasting

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

brybusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 03:44

I once had a group of lads in a Golf VR6 chase me in my Europameister, Golf VR6 out of Bristol up the M32. I pulled away from them after 140 MPH..........etc.......

Look at the first paragraph of yours above.

2 - you obviously couldn't care less about the value of life of those other drivers on the roads too.

I find it utterly disgraceful that someone would admit to 'racing' on a public road at a speed of 140mph.  You should be banned.  Plain and simple.

If you're going to 'race', do it on a private road or a track - not anywhere where you'll wipe out an innocent life with the slightest twitch of your steering wheel when you're leasting expecting it.

The latter happens, and there are families out there deprived of loved one that stand testament to it because of mindless idiots doing just what you have admitted to.

Give your preaching a rest Coasting....No ones listening

We all put our foot down now and again...I can see little wrong with doing a ton plus down a m'way or a fast A road under the right conditions.

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 05:04
Originally posted by brybusa brybusa wrote:

I once hada group of lads in a Golf VR6chase me in my Europameister, Golf VR6 out of Bristol up the M32. I pulled away from them after 140 MPH..........etc.......

Look at the first paragraphof yours above.

I find it utterly disgraceful that someone would admit to 'racing' on a public road at a speed of 140mph. You should be banned. Plain and simple.

We all put our foot down now and again...I can see little wrong with doing a ton plus down a m'way or a fast A road under the right conditions.

You've been on the A509 again Brybusa I see.Watch the Newport Pagnell bridge!!!

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
brybusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 05:14

LOL...Went throu there at the weekend mate, more than once...

Some bash was on @ Santa pod Sunday so I thought be rude not turn around and give their little convey a 150MPH fly past......

Didnt see nowt on the bridge thou???!!

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 05:30
Plod have taken to sporadically sitting on the bridge just past landrover but they're usually pointing up the hill to catch those exiting the oval roundabout then flooring it down the hill.

sleeper View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Original and STILL best

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 05:37

Good job I was out yesterday, I might have got shouted at by Mr Coasting too! (NOM matey)

I'm not going to comment on speeding as I know its wrong and try to be sensible, but sometimes temptation and the right conditions..... you know the rest.

I think that with the chavs, if you don't take the bait, it adds an element of mystery and the 'You know I don't need to even try, so I won't!!'

always a winner!

brybusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 05:57

Originally posted by Stone-IslandM3 Stone-IslandM3 wrote:

Plod have taken to sporadically sitting on the bridge just past landrover but they're usually pointing up the hill to catch those exiting the oval roundabout then flooring it down the hill.

Coasting will be pleased....do they just "zap" people or pull them over as well?

Is it a van or "proper" traffic plod?

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 06:08

It's not a matter of preaching and I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are so in future don't think you have the right to tell me to stop expressing it.

140mph on a public road is lunacy and that's a fact.  Anyone who condones it doesn't deserve a licence and you have to question the mind of someone who thinks it's fine to do it in a 'race' with another motorist.

You've completely missed the point - this was on a public road against another car - they're not the right conditions no matter what you try vindicating such actions with.

Since when did you speak for everyone with the line of 'no-one's listening' too?

[/QUOTE]

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 06:11

Originally posted by Stone-IslandM3 Stone-IslandM3 wrote:

Coasting will be pleased

Brybusa - how about you stop your silly little comments and just at least try to understand the point that I was making.

I hold the police is as much distain as anyone when they 'zap' motorists driving well within reasonable limits of vehicles and thei rown capabilities when conditions are right.

You'll note I didn't pick up on your 100mph comment on that basis.

However, 140mph racing against another car on a public road?????

That's just beyond temptation and well over the boundary of dangerous and reckless driving, no matter what the car and no matter what the conditions. 

Edited by Coasting

still looking View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 06:20

I dont know what other people think but Coastings outburst was a bit uncalled for in my opinion. At the end of the day everyone has put the foot down once in a while including Coasting, if there is one thing I cant stand is people being two faced as they say "people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones"

Below is a quote from one of your postings Coasting, Please dont take this as a personal attack, all I ask is for you to have a think before you attack fellow members about their driving.

From post on the 04-04-05 NE forum

"You're right about the overtaking too.  I pushed it to the redline going past the bikes on the way up past Boulby, but it felt good so hey it must have been okay! (Hmm!).

I had a great little jaunt up Saltburn Bank too, a bit of traction control versus tyre squeal round 3 bends and two auto-blip-downs - much fun!"

As I say nothing personel.

Regards Mark.

Love driving my E36 EVO Tickety Boo

http://photobucket.com/albums/v513/MyM3evo/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic