Forum LockedPlease Race Me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
brybusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 07:01

I think the real enthusiasts know the score, wheres as the max Power clan maybe just want to see a real fast car being used...

Go along to the 'pod on any RWYB/Fast Car ytpe event and youll see 'em thrashing the **** off their crap boxes on the way home trying to keep up with Porkers etc

If its any consolation, a had a Nova, 3 up, trying to "race" me thru part of Milton Keynes...I was riding the Hayabusa at the time....

I feel for ya brother....

Sponsored Links

Robbie Bradford View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 06:44
Strap a couple of bottles of NOS to the Chevette, that should get a reaction!
Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 06:41
Whilst not exactly an M car(!), believe it or not I do get chavs trying to race me in my chevette. Of course their tupperware specials beat me as I only have about 55bhp to play with, but they believe it is some sort of achievement to beat a 22 year old car in their saxos and corsas. Sad.

No doubt when the BMW is roadworthy I'll have the same morons racing me, but with a little extra right foot they may get a bit of a shock.
1987 BMW 525e Lux Auto (sadly deceased)
Get Firefox - Ditch Hopeless Inertnet Exploder
www.doive.co.uk
micky_h View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 06:29
Just wondering how many other M owners have had this experience.Had the car 4 weeks and so far on a weekly basis somebody has tried to 'race' me.
Latest being a bloke in a Ford Puma,with his girlfriend,who came flying up in the next lane,slowed so he was in my blind spot for about 10 seconds then pull along side me.Told me he thought I was a 'referee'using sign language before doing off.I suppose he might have been jealous as I only look about 21,or thought I had bagdged a 318,but was there any need for it.I was minding my own businees cruising at 45ish in a 50 zone on a lovely sunny day.Unfortunatly/fortunately I gave in and showed him that it was an M car on the next slip road onto the motorway.
Strangely it seems it's onwers/drivers of other performance cars that give the most respect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic