FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE46 M3 vs 330Ci Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2005 at 06:26

How much can one get a decent CBR600 for? and what is clased as high mileage as far as bikes are concerned.

I heard its simlar to dog years > human years where bikes > cars mileage is concerned.

"Only The Tyres Are Allowed To Smoke!" -- 2001 330ci Sport (man) - "Oh This Is a Saga Now!" -- E46 Section Remote CCTV Solutions
Sponsored Links

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2005 at 06:34
Originally posted by Praktisk Praktisk wrote:

How much can one get a decent CBR600 for? and what is clased as high mileage as far as bikes are concerned.

I heard its simlar to dog years > human years where bikes > cars mileage is concerned.

£2000 will get you an old dog ..£3000  will buy a nice one [but you will have to search hard for it] £3 to 4000  will get you a minter [around] the 2000 or 01 plated one ...

miles on bikes are an average of 5000 miles per year..but many owners just ride there bikes every sunny sundays ...and how many sunny sundays does the uk have ....hmmmmm   ..not many lol...

the cbr 6   ..is by far the best allround bike out there ..i see to many unexperianced riders ..go out and buy the gsxr 600  .or the kawaski ..and they end up on the tarmac a few months down the line .because they got over confidant with the power delivery ..[gsxrs have a werid power band] and it just spits the rider off ...the cbr  is far more forgiving if you get it wrong ..so hence a better entry level bike

its a dogs world out there
M BLUR View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ZeeMax ROADSTER

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2005 at 06:40

Yep - crazy torque on those GSXR600s, my mates is still silly quick in 6th pulling away at 50.. and when he drops it down.. oof..

He's just swapped it for his old CBR400RR..

www.lbmracing.com

1998 Zeemax M Roadster
2005 X5 3.0D Sport
1991 Esprit SE Race car

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2005 at 06:49
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

I just know if I got a bike I'd end up being scraped off the tarmac

i have to agree bikes can be dangerous  in some peaples hands  .but its only them that get hurt  not anybody else

in my racing years   i had a nasty accident[the mountian at cadwell]

after a few months i was back to been able to walk etc etc ..and i was driving a freind [non biker] somewere .and he asked me what it felt like coming off at over 100 mph..as we were on the motorway at the time and doing around 90 ish .i told him to open the door and put his foot on the ground..he did    ..i think that put him off bikes for life .....

so peter   if you ever need any thing to putt you off a bike .do the above ..lol

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 03:57
Originally posted by pma1ums pma1ums wrote:

so peter   if you ever need any thing to putt you off a bike .do the above ..lol

What put me off most was a picture i was shown recently of the aftermath of a crash. The bike had been travelling in excess of 200km/hr and had hit a car. They showed the bikers body, or should I say, collection of body parts, since he had been ripped to pieces. Appart from making me feel sick, it put me off ever owning a bike.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 04:46

A bloke round here committed suicide a few months ago by riding his bike flat out into a set of Barn Doors.

You may have read about it, he was a PILOT suffering from depression.

What upset me, was not only the tragedy of him taking his own life, but he also took-out an unsuspecting cow stood on the other side of the doors.

"Only The Tyres Are Allowed To Smoke!" -- 2001 330ci Sport (man) - "Oh This Is a Saga Now!" -- E46 Section Remote CCTV Solutions
pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 04:49

What upset me, he also took-out an unsuspecting cow stood on the other side of the doors.

so is there a few "mad cows" around your neck of the wood then????

Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 04:50
wagh-wagh-waaaaaghhhhhhh!

brybusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 04:51

[/QUOTE]

What put me off most was a picture i was shown recently of the aftermath of a crash. The bike had been travelling in excess of 200km/hr and had hit a car. They showed the bikers body, or should I say, collection of body parts, since he had been ripped to pieces. Appart from making me feel sick, it put me off ever owning a bike.

[/QUOTE]

Sadly, no matter what your travelling in, at 120+MPH you are going to be lucky to live to tell the tale.

For those of us that have invested in the time, effort and expense of riding and owning a performance bike have an addiction only a big bike can give.

No experience a car can offer comes close to riding a superbike, its like have your favourite ride at Alton Towers, over and over, with unlimited time …and a few of your mates along to have a crack with.

Actually its better than that!

.and its not as dangerous out there as people make you believe either

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 05:02
Originally posted by brybusa brybusa wrote:

owning a performance bike have an addiction only a big bike can give.

No experience a car can offer comes close to riding a superbike,

Actually its better than that!

sorry all you car fans out there but mr busa is right..theres not one single thing out there[apart from a jet fighter ride] to come even close to a performance bike ..the rush the adrenialin[spelling] the buzz .the sheer feeling of being able to make the bike work for you.is just truly awsome.

in cars all the M range and other marques have made me smile

but when its a bike

M BLUR View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ZeeMax ROADSTER

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 05:10

Would love to give the Ultima GTR a try tho and feel what 0-100 in 5 and a half seconds feels like and 0-200 way quicker than most bikes..

It's the low inertia and vivid acceleration that really puts bikes on another plain but I hear the Caterham R500 EVO gets close.

www.lbmracing.com

1998 Zeemax M Roadster
2005 X5 3.0D Sport
1991 Esprit SE Race car

brybusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 05:47

Yep, the caterham is supposed to be a real buzz...Didnt it win the 0-100-0 shootout in recent months?

Interesting point re the fighter pilot thing, from the articles ive read in the bikes mags, they seem to rate the bikes more fun, however I would love to have a ride in a pukka fighter jet

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 05:56
i was bought [present from the g/f] a 30 mins ride in a puka fighter jet ...think of the best rides you have been on .and the best car and bike thrills you have had.etc etc  then just times that rush by 30 ...i was never good at maths but in real life the rush pulling 0 gs to 4.5 g in a split second was amazing ..and my pilot for the day was an ex bike racer...he was off his head ..truly mad and awsome 30 mins of my life..it didnt come cheap just ask my g/f  lol
Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 06:20

It wasnt in one of those Ex russian fighter things was it?

Seen those advertised, would mind a decker but they just look kinda, err, shoddy!

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 06:23

It wasnt in one of those Ex russian fighter things was it?

Seen those advertised, would mind a decker but they just look kinda, err, shoddy!

errrr yeah i think so ..it looked like it had seen better days .but it didnt put me off ..i just thought that THIS ride mite just be my last

M BLUR View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ZeeMax ROADSTER

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 06:40
Originally posted by brybusa brybusa wrote:

Yep, the caterham is supposed to be a real buzz...Didnt it win the 0-100-0 shootout in recent months?

Interesting point re the fighter pilot thing, from the articles ive read in the bikes mags, they seem to rate the bikes more fun, however I would love to have a ride in a pukka fighter jet

Yep, but given many top end hypercars can match superbikes at top speeds then what these guys are doing is re-writing what's possible..

http://www.ultimacars.com/

The point where a car can become theoretically faster is when the power-to-weight can be matched but the amount of available power that can be put down in traction by 2 (or 4) wheels outmatches that of one wheel. Top speed is always the culimination of drag and gearing. Until then low inertia and low transmission drag will be nigh on impossible to beat. That low inertia then works in reverse when braking and cars lose out as weight momentum takes longer to retard.

That's before you take into account real world acceleration. By the time a supercar driver has thought about dropping a gear and hitting the loud pedal.. the Bike is already away with very little time lost between reaction and forward motion. That's why supercars can match or get closer on track but on roads..

But on a charge I reckon this Ultima would be hard to bear - requiring top tuned Crescents or Busa's .. maybe NOS'd or turbo'd. Overcoming loss of traction and weight off the line being the real barrier to genuine sub 3 second times.. but this Ultima is getting there.. 2.7 seconds and it's only going to get quicker. Sub 5 to 100 is only a matter of time if they can keep traction. Figures shown are for the 2002 car but they have since bettered this in a 600bhp car and there's a 700bhp engine on the way.

http://www.ultimacars.com/fra_ultima_cars.htm

Imagine it on the Mulsanne.

www.lbmracing.com

1998 Zeemax M Roadster
2005 X5 3.0D Sport
1991 Esprit SE Race car

bmwz3 View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 13:00
An E46 M3 is a "thinking Man's" Machine.  Power without control is nothing. With 343bhp in your hands you should be endowed with  natural "thinking" capability to control it gracefully. If your thinking capacities are challenged scale down to what you can handle properly within your limits  .... a 231 bhp 330Ci !

p.s. Whats all this raving about E30 M3 anyway ? It looks pretty crap to me ..aesthetically as exciting as Anne Widecombe !

Edited by bmwz3
therealmccoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 16:32
Originally posted by bmwz3 bmwz3 wrote:

p.s. Whats all this raving about E30 M3 anyway ? It looks pretty crap to me ..aesthetically as exciting as Anne Widecombe !

Coming from the person who drives a car made up of left over E30 parts...
Work Harder! A Million Benefit Claimants Depend On YOU!

E30 M3, The REAL McCoy!

89 M3 Now Sold

99 323i *FOR SALE*

PC Probs?? Click here!
bmwz3 View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 17:00
Originally posted by therealmccoy therealmccoy wrote:

Originally posted by bmwz3 bmwz3 wrote:

Coming from the person who drives a car made up of left over E30 parts...

And E30 I hear was left overs of E21 ....with the added bonus of a Widecombe aesthetics!

Z3 exhumes panache and style which only a "thinking man" can appreciate. Doesnt surprise me if you cannot appreciate

Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2005 at 17:14

I thought Z3 was derived from E36 ?.. no ... ah well.

I wonder if Kylie Minogue was derived from the E30 too, after all she is known as "The Thinking Mans Crumpet"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic