Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 M3 for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2002 at 17:10
I've no idea but knowing Nige I'm sure he's open to offers...
Sponsored Links

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2002 at 18:37

Quote: Originally posted by MarkD on 05-December-2002

John

I could use the lottery win myself! And that's with just one M3! The insurance question and general running costs does worry me; but at least you can reduce the cost slightly by insuring one of your cars on a classic policy.

If I wond the lottery I'd probably treat myself to an ex-works team DTM racer circa 1991-92 - Munich Legends has a couple in the showroom at present - with 350-370bhp, now that would be interesting to try out!

Seriously though - anybody been round a track in an ex-racer? Any comments on the experience.

Mark

Mark,

I've been round Croft as a passenger in a genuine 1988 Group A European Touring Car Championship E30 M3. It belongs to a bloke I know in Newcastle. It has the essential and genuine original livery, ie white car with the M stripes over the roof plus Warsteiner sponsorship and all the rest.

It has carbon Recaros inside and not much else. It is loud as hell. It produces about 300 bhp, and accelerates very well. I love the carbon airbox on the engine. It has 6 pot brakes at the front, so braking is a bit better than my Sport Evo! When you are in it, it sounds just like the noise from the in-car footage you used to watch from Grandstand's touring car coverage back in the day.....but much louder.

Put simply....I want one. I'd like a 2.5 Sport Evo version in Italian livery. One day.

John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2002 at 20:41
How much for 1 of these cars then?How much is the M/L 1? I can't afford it just curious
John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2002 at 23:44
I'd also be interested to know what ML want for the Italian car. You could probably knock 10K off their price to get its true value!!
John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

MarkD View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2002 at 09:25
The Italian car at M/L is Roberto Ravaglia's championship winning car from 1990 - so that would be very expensive if it was for sale - I've sat in it a few times and it's in nice condition but could use having its original Italian livery put back.

The other two cars are DTM cars from 1991. One I think must have been a Bigazzi team car (possibly Soper or Hahne?) and has most of its original livery - I saw it listed at around £50-55K on their sales list a couple of years ago - but they've still got it. The other one is an ex-Schnitzer car - doesn't have it's original livery anymore but looks very impressive (has it's perspex rear/rear side windows etc)

I was talking to Nigel Moseley about these earlier this year and he mentioned another '91 car (Cecotto's Schnitzer car from the first half of the season) for around £37K. Nige seems to be the man to talk to if you want one of these cars. I'd love one (if I ever had the money!) but you'd need to budget for a trailer, tyres, parts and periodical engine rebuilds - and that would add up!
jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2003 at 14:24
back to the top out of badness, offers of £5500 taken!
mark m power View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2003 at 17:44
why u want a evo sport the country seems facinated by them i have a non evo e30 1990 and a 95 e36 coupem3 u wouldnt see them in the same road and unless ur tracking it a lot the e36 if u can steer at all will walk away it is so much quicker and reliable have had a few dealings with nigel moseley and found him very helpful and doesnt rob u unlike munich legends nice premises and dont they keep all there used cars so nice?
many thanks mark
jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2003 at 08:17

I just wanted one! I have to admit there wasn't much more to it than that, just a need to get it out of my system I guess and now that I have one I'm well impressed, it's all I want out of a car.

Fun for me is not in a straight line so the Sport Evo suits me down to the ground.

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2003 at 18:17
Car now gone to it's new owner
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic