Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked5 Series register ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2005 at 17:00
Originally posted by Andrew Dale Andrew Dale wrote:

The Club orgainsers have been hard at work with John Sharpe in Scotland but unfortunately the e-mail address he gave us did not work properly and the home address he gave was not quite complete and our letters did not reach him. Not surprisingly we were reluctant to publish his "launch" article in Straight 6 as we were unsure if he was still on the planet! This article now appears in the December issue of the main magazine.

Andrew Dale

Club Secretary/Director

Ah so the other media, the BMW car club forum, where you asked this post to be advertised didn't occur to you then Mr Club Secretary/Director ?

Best Wishes

Nigel

Sponsored Links

NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2005 at 08:03

Ok im willing to go along with this

for EVERYONES records my email is john.sharpe1970@ntlworld.com

or noisufnoc@hotmail.com

Cant work out how all my issues of straight six etc manage to get through to me, issue was never with stuff I was sending out getting to club as I received confirmation each time that it had arrived.

Home address is

Mr John Sharpe , 1/1, 49 Cochran Street, Paisley, PA1 1JZ, feel free to email or send me any clippings, reports anything about the 5 series which you feel may be of use to other owners.

528 for now
SJD530d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJD530d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2005 at 11:01

I'd recommend the forum at www.bmw5.co.uk to all 5 series owners.

If your doing site reviews, etc it would be worth a look.

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2005 at 11:58

Good luck John

Best Wishes

Nigel

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2005 at 08:36

Got my copy of the club magazine yesterday and nice to see that the register article is finally in.

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2005 at 09:43

Indeed it is...at last.

I'll join providing I can do it through John.

Best Wishes

Nigel

SJD530d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJD530d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2005 at 09:54

Is there going to be a newsletter or anything for those that sign up?

Dave E View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2005 at 12:08
I tried www.bmw5.co.uk and when I clicked on "What's in next month's Total Magazine" it showed some pictures and announced is was on sale in April!!!

Dave E
E39
SJD530d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJD530d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2005 at 06:01
Try the forum - the homepage is a tad out of date! However the forum is very much alive and kicking.
chazzer View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
V8 Baby !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2005 at 08:52

hi guys was very pleased to see the register up and running at last in the magazine, well done john for taking it on its very much appreciated, i will be registering shortly

Regards

Charlie

Current : 1995 BMW E34 540I Auto 98K Fully Loaded, Leather, Sat Nav & Dvd. Previous: 1991 BMW E34 520I Manual(non-vanos) 185K with full leather. 1990 BMW E34 525I Auto 113k in sterling silver
& 1993 BMW E34 520I SE in dimond black
Carpetbagger View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
BMW the road is not enough

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpetbagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2005 at 14:31
  Hi guys would be intrested in joining the 5 register ,have read article in club mag was good any thing on fives is good especialy E34 .
I wonder how you got your article in mag so quick I sent my piece in months ago , would be nice to be informed if they will use it or not.
the guy i sent it to was Scott John Millen.
best of luck with the register and Christmas greetings to all
Regards Al

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2005 at 15:05

Originally posted by Carpetbagger Carpetbagger wrote:

Hi guys would be intrested in joining the 5 register ,have read article in club mag was good any thing on fives is good especialy E34 .
I wonder how you got your article in mag so quick I sent my piece in months ago , would be nice to be informed if they will use it or not.
the guy i sent it to was Scott John Millen.
best of luck with the register and Christmas greetings to all
Regards Al

Only six months, lol, how longs yours been ?

Best Wishes

Nigel

rubberknees50 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Does it have chrome bumpers?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubberknees50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2005 at 17:51

Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Only Only six months, lol, how longs yours been ?

Now now Nigel, thats a very personal question.......lol

IanT
E28 528, E23 735
Loz535 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loz535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2006 at 03:45
So what exactly is a 5 series register? sorry to appear so thick on this one. 
BMW 535i V8 Step.
d8mbn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d8mbn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2006 at 17:41
same question as loz and what are the benefits if any
if it aint fixed break it
SJD530d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJD530d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 06:06
Originally posted by SJD530d SJD530d wrote:

What are the "benefits" of signing up or in other words "what does the fiver get you?!"

I asked this back on page 2 of the thread too.

Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stone-IslandV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 17:24
Its like a human forum system with a sort of central hub or reference point-no offence to anyone I've just called a hub!

The register is a collection of car club members with a particular type or style or age or model (or interest in that type)all grouped together.

The idea is that information on these types of cars, events , interest stories and help can be passed around the type of people who would be interested and possibly able to help. Not everyone has access to the forum. The larger the register the more information there is flowing and this can be passed around accordingly, plus theres a dedictaed 5 series update via the register in the CC mag.

Having said that IIRC from my past BMs I'm still in the 3 series register, the coupe register and the Mpower register.

I'm sure someone'll be along soon to correct me though where needed.
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
Carpetbagger View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
BMW the road is not enough

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpetbagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2006 at 14:59

hi people i wonder how many people have fives on fourum maybe  we could make a list Al

1 E34 525 sport silver  94- 66k  (Carpetbagger)

Bob_Finch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob_Finch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2006 at 17:04
E34 525i SE 88 - 180k
bmwcrazy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
1995 M5,1995 318ISE,1997 325

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmwcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2006 at 17:18
dazz m5 1995, 97254 miles

Edited by bmwcrazy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic