FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked5 Series register ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
grahame34m5 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahame34m5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2005 at 17:50

Noisufnoc - Will supoort this I'll give £5 no probs put it to the airport runway project for a kick off.

e28,34,39,60

196,206,222,256 bhp/ton (very approx and from memory when I worked it out). Would be interesting.

08 e60 Alpina B5 S sold, please forgive me
03 e39 M5 sold
98 e38 728 Sport Individual dead
93 e34 M5 sold
Sponsored Links

SJD530d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJD530d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2005 at 13:24

What are the "benefits" of signing up or in other words "what does the fiver get you?!"

NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2005 at 02:05
Well folks it looks like the 5 series register is finally going to become a reality,  there should be an article on it in the next issue of straight 6.  In the meantime if anyone wants to join, please get in contact with the club, membership is £5. 
528 for now
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2005 at 13:01
Originally posted by NOISUFNOC NOISUFNOC wrote:

I received my copy of straight 6 expecting it to be in it, I submitted it 3months ago, but no sign of it again.  I think we might have to end up starting our own newsletter.

LOL

Give the good doctor a ring at the club office to see why it hasn't appeared, it was the office that asked me to try and recruit someone to run it !

Best Wishes

Nigel

NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2005 at 05:33

I received my copy of straight 6 expecting it to be in it, I submitted it 3months ago, but no sign of it again.  I think we might have to end up starting our own newsletter.

528 for now
SJD530d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJD530d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2005 at 11:53
Originally posted by NOISUFNOC NOISUFNOC wrote:

Firstly may I appologise to any 5 series owners who made it down to Gaydon looking for the 5 series register.  I seemingly am meant to be in charge of the register but have heard nothing for over 3 months, this despite writing an article for the club magazine and sending in a cple of pics of my car. 

Has the article appeared yet and have I just missed it? or is it due in a future issue?

Dave E View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2005 at 02:19
Gaydon - What a superb turn out! Even better than any previous years! The organising committee deserve multiple thanks for their extremely hard work.

I did look for the 5 series register stand but there were enough 5's to admire and compare. My real aim was to see how the various "add ons" looked before I considered buying such items for my E39. I liked some of them but changed my mind about a few others!

Dave E
speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2005 at 19:03
Well you can defo put me down for it. I really wanted to go this year but couldn't so i'll start saving now 
1995 520i se auto 24v saloon
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2005 at 16:47
You may want to invite some of these fellas to the Register ... if it finally gets off the ground....

NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2005 at 16:44

Firstly may I appologise to any 5 series owners who made it down to Gaydon looking for the 5 series register.  I seemingly am meant to be in charge of the register but have heard nothing for over 3 months, this despite writing an article for the club magazine and sending in a cple of pics of my car. 

I received on thursday a pack containing a layout showing that I had been allocated 15 spaces for 5 series.  Surprise, Surprise I had no time to organise 15 cars in two days.

I was originally told that I would receive support from the club for a banner etc, but nobody has even called me.

Next year I will be organising my own banners etc and will start sourcing cars for the stand later in the year. 

Once again may I apologise for the lack of organisation, but it was out of my hands.

528 for now
Bill- View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2005 at 10:55

thanks mr old newbie

unfortunatly I'm having a bbq that day

Hayabusa
Dave E View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2005 at 10:49
Sunday August 21st but see more on this topic under "Club Events Forum"

Regards

Dave E
Bill- View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2005 at 06:30
when is the nat festival please
Hayabusa
Dave E View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2005 at 05:03
I have been following this topic with interest and wondered what progress has occurred? I am interested in putting in my two-pence worth!
Is their enough interest to have a quick get together to discuss it further at the National Festival?
I will give "Gerri" a ring early in the week.

Dave E
(an old Newbie)

Edited by Dave E
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2005 at 05:15
now, back on topic!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Bill- View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2005 at 05:06
Received and understood.
b8alk View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User
Andy K

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b8alk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2005 at 11:57
Originally posted by Bill- Bill- wrote:

Hi Mr Moderator cant spell can you.

I Didnt realise B******s is swearing

And you can`t abbreviate (people in glass houses)

Edited by b8alk
slim_boy_fat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slim_boy_fat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2005 at 11:44

What do you mean Gas conversion LGP stuff ?

I gather you can get a grant for that from the govt but I know very little about it

it could be a good one for me too as Ive done over 2,000 miles in 3 weeks.

Lovely cars tho arn't they

Yes LPG conversion, cost is about £2000-£2500. Essentially give the car an equivelent of 50-55mpg. Do the sums for yourself but for me even with 12k a year it will pay for itself in less than 2 years.

There are no grants for cars this old im afraid. If thats going to be the kind of mileage you do then i would suggest get on ASAP.

Bill- View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2005 at 09:49

What do you mean Gas conversion LGP stuff ?

I gather you can get a grant for that from the govt but I know very little about it

it could be a good one for me too as Ive done over 2,000 miles in 3 weeks.

Lovely cars tho arn't they

slim_boy_fat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slim_boy_fat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2005 at 08:50

I've just bought an E34 (530i) off eBay of all places...2 owners

75 thousand on the clock, Full BMW history, Schnitzer Wheels (5),

Black leather, Cruise, Air, Factory Body kit & Spoiler, abs, all the Bits

and best of all a beautiful smooth V8 under the bonnet all for £3,600

but Boy is it Thirsty

I just bought one on Wed. 89k miles full BMW history 1 owner, stunning condition, well happy, even better £2k 

I will definatly be looking into a gas conversion however..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic