Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsecondhand car market - is it quiet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2006 at 16:49
Carzone is great for selling 'coz you can put loads of pics up. But put it in the Buy & Sell as well. If someone phones you can tell them to have a look on the net at the pics.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Sponsored Links

Robbie Bradford View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2006 at 16:52

Originally posted by flyingalexf68 flyingalexf68 wrote:

If someone phones you can tell them to have a look on the net at the pics.

True enough

kdevitt View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdevitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2006 at 16:54

Carzone is great for selling 'coz you can put loads of pics up.

I've spoken to a few people now about Carzone - including one guy who is now selling cars for a living. All agreed that Carzone is the ultimate window shoppers site. The Autotrader, CBG and B&S all yield better results as you're hitting the people who don't do their car shopping ove rthe internet as well.
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2006 at 17:20
The real annoying thing with Autotrader is that there are so many cars from the North in it. I think a Republic only issue is due. CBG is only good if you are buying a second hand car from a dealer as the private ads are crap. The buy & sell is still good though.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
ivanovoitch View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Where did all the white water come from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2006 at 18:07
Originally posted by Robbie Bradford Robbie Bradford wrote:

I don't know anyone who has bought a car off the net! Just because you and i use the net, doesn't mean the potential buyer does.

Sold a 2000 Puma just before christmas last within a week of sticking it on carzone. Little blonde girl paid full asking price too.

That's part of the reason I'm surprised it's so quiet. Nobody buys a car the week before Christmas! It's another year old come Jan 1st!
73touring View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73touring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2006 at 18:07
Ive never actually seen more cars for sale with contact details in their windows, are dealer refusing to take in trade in's on the grounds that they wont sell?, I recon the second hand market apart from the Punto brigade is dead in the water and totally saturated everyone has copped on that you can get better and cheaper in the UK even after the crippling VRT and all the kids want brand new cars at this stage all getting themselves in extraordanary dept for brand new s!*t boxes. If and when the overheating economy finally melts down the repo man is going to be quare busy!  
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2006 at 18:13
Originally posted by 73touring 73touring wrote:

I reckon the second hand market apart from the Punto brigade is dead 

Think I'll stick a few Fiat badges on the 316 and see if that works! The round ones are about the same size!
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2006 at 13:23
Originally posted by ballina123 ballina123 wrote:

Folks,
    What are you experiences of selling cars lately? I have had my Z3 up for sale for 4-5 weeks (carzone and CBG.ie) and haven't even had one call, not even a time waster or canvasser (and yes the number is correct) the price seems right to me, its the cheapest '02 car advertised and is at least 3 grand less than main dealer prices.

Just touching base? Did CBG deliver a buyer? Think I've got one for mine. Came through a free ad in buy and sell.
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2006 at 11:15
Sold Alfa GTV in 5 weeks on Carzone, only advertised there. Got lots of calls on it as well, first to see bought it. Surprised it's not yielded better luck on the Z3 especially with the weather and Ballina123's Z is very nice. -Only for not enough water to wash it, eh Jon !!! Damn drought.
E39 530d Touring

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2006 at 14:23

Originally posted by nn_dd nn_dd wrote:

Damn drought.

I guess you aren't rushing to finish your house at the moment Nigel?!!

Spotted one of Jon's neighbours walking past me as I left work one evening last week with his towel under his arm as he came back in to have a shower!

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2006 at 15:56
It's too hot to work up there anyway Diarmuid
E39 530d Touring

digweed View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
I’m SOOO cut out for world domination!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2006 at 12:29

Finally got my Audi sold after almost 5 months on Carzone.  Guy rang me Sat. night came up from Cork Sunday morning and drove off with it about half hour later.  it was well below what other similar cars were on Carzone.  Put it in the B&S got a couple calls but nothing definite.

D.

Dermot O Rourke, used to be '99 520 black metallic
Now '01 525 M-Sport, cosmos black, sports half leather seats, upgraded lights and a kick like a mule!!!
lesurely View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesurely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2006 at 13:54
5 months, i think i would of given up. perseverance the market must be slow
e30 325is (deceased)
e36 318is under major construction
E39 530D Sport mtec (all the bells and whistles )

Basic unit of laryngitis: 1 hoarsepower
lesurely
GusK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GusK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2006 at 15:57
I put my wifes 2001 MX-5 on Carzone last Thursday, I've had three calls so far, and two people coming to view on Wednesday night. Fingers crossed, one will bite.
Currently: E90 330d Sport

Previously: X5 3.0i Sport, E46 M3, E46 318ci,E30 318is.
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2006 at 17:13

Originally posted by GusK GusK wrote:

I put my wifes 2001 MX-5 on Carzone last Thursday, I've had three calls so far, and two people coming to view on Wednesday night. Fingers crossed, one will bite.

I have a beautiful red '01 BMW Z3 2.2 for sale if your looking for a proper car to replace the MX-5. It's on carzone as well. I want to buy an M3 evo. Can you help me? Pleeeeease.

GusK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GusK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2006 at 18:38

Originally posted by GusK GusK wrote:

I have a beautiful red '01 BMW Z3 2.2 for sale if your looking for a proper car to replace the MX-5. It's on carzone as well. I want to buy an M3 evo. Can you help me? Pleeeeease.

She's already bought a new car, baby on the way so a Z3 would be about as much use as the MX-5!!

Currently: E90 330d Sport

Previously: X5 3.0i Sport, E46 M3, E46 318ci,E30 318is.
ballina123 View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballina123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2006 at 14:30

Quote Just touching base? Did CBG deliver a buyer? Think I've got one for mine. Came through a free ad in buy and sell.

I still have it  Its in CBG and Carzone, I had one call a week ago from a lady who "would love to come and see it but I'll have to check with my husband first" - I haven't heard from her since....

Can't understand it at all, its the cheapest '02 Z3 advertised its got a better spec than most, BMWSH, new NCT etc and the best summer we've had for years whats wrong with people can't they see a bargain when it runs them over....

Quote Surprised it's not yielded better luck on the Z3 especially with the weather and Ballina123's Z is very nice. -Only for not enough water to wash it, eh Jon !!! Damn drought.

Did you read the article in the Limerick POST!!

Quote I guess you aren't rushing to finish your house at the moment Nigel?!!

He's saving up for his Helicopter  (sorry local joke)

Cheers

Jon

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2006 at 14:52
Originally posted by ballina123 ballina123 wrote:

I had one call a week ago from a lady who "would love to come and see it but I'll have to check with my husband first" - I haven't heard from her since....

My buy & sell "purchaser" came over to see the car last monday week, loved it, spent time driving it, checking out the paperwork, looking at panel gaps etc. Shook hands at €13,000, left me a €100 cash deposit and promised to turn up last Friday with the balance. I, stupidly, never saved his number (You kind of assume that anyone giving you cash is going to be alright). I haven't heard from him since! It's driving me nuts! I've already put his cash down as a deposit on another car and now I've had to stall the deal.

He can S*D off if he thinks he's going to get it back.

It's back languishing on carzone now. Wouldn't mind so much but it's such a waste of a really good little car for it just to be sitting in my driveway!
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2006 at 03:40
Quote I guess you aren't rushing to finish your house at the moment Nigel?!!

He's saving up for his Helicopter  (sorry local joke)

Cheers

Jon

[/QUOTE]

Local Joke is the right phrase to use there Jon. Plus a helicopter is a good idea, best way to navigate the poxy roads.

E39 530d Touring

lesurely View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesurely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2006 at 12:12

Sometimes the market is slow depending what you are selling for example..............

put my e36 coupe on the net on mon 31st. july so far not one call....

put the wifes 95 mitsy lancer 1.6 glxi on the same time had about 20 calls and it was sold yesterday afternoon 'tues' one and a half days on the net must be a record. I consider my e36 far more superior than the lancer. So now i have to listen to the smart comments and the he he he's from her. I'am sick

e30 325is (deceased)
e36 318is under major construction
E39 530D Sport mtec (all the bells and whistles )

Basic unit of laryngitis: 1 hoarsepower
lesurely
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic