FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlease Race Me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 17:44
Yep, he's going to be seeing the landscape from behind bars...no doubt about it....there is no way in the world he'll get anything other than a custodial sentance for that.

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Sponsored Links

ian332isport View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 01:58

Originally posted by Doive Doive wrote:

this is a democratic country

Only just

If it ain't broke, Modify it!!
MTEC530D View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 06:34

I AGREE WITH COASTING THIS SITE IS FALLING APART THROUGH PEOPLE TAKING THINGS PERSONALY AND HAVING A GO AT OTHER POSTER FOR EXPRESSING THERE OPINIONS ITS A FREE COUNTRY OF FREE SPEACH.

I CAME ACROSS SIMILAR THINGS ON THE 'blair does it again' thread when i expressed my willingness to vote for BNP and boy did that start a riot

Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 06:40
Unfortunately people's views of any non-mainstream political party are either 'loony left' or 'racist' and the BNP get tarnished of old. Democracy in Britain is the democratic process of not expressing your views publicly if they might offend the liberal majority.

Back to thread though, if you have an M3 and don't take it on track is there justification of having that much power?
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
BM Fan View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 07:44
Agree 100% with Stone-IslandM3, you have to track the cars to appreciate their performance. 

There is no way I would dare to drive on the road as I do on the track as the line between as fast as possible and out of control is very fine indeed.
Martin
In BMW exile at the moment (Shame on me for lurking!!!)
Previous Models
2001 E39 520i Auto
1996 E36 M3 Evo Individual
1996 E36 328i Coupe
1997 E36 318i Conv
1992 E36 316i Sln

Goldryder View Drop Down
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 07:59
Racing cars on public roads should never be condoned. It is dangerous, juvenile and down right idiotic. Invariably its the innocents who are wiped out in things like this and the baffoon behind the wheel of the 'racing' car usually walks away with a slap on the wrist. When I lived on the IOW I helped recover a few cars after racing went sour. Mainly, though not always a hot hatch driven by a 17-18yr old with an immortality complex. The worst was an old XR3i. Four lads, all under 20, were killed. The car had no tax, no insurance, no MOT, 4 bald tyres, loose steering and a catalogue of other problems. None of the lads were wearing seatbelts either. They were racing another car, an XR2i. The police had to find the Fiesta, which was about 10 miles further down the road, the driver and occupants of that car had not realise their mate's had been in an accident, they just thought that the other car was 'too slow' to keep up with them.

There was an idea floated of putting the wrecks of these cars on trailers and parking them outside schools and colleges as a 'gentle reminder' of what might happen if the kids insist on racing each other. The idea however was squashed due to parents and teachers thinking it would have been too gruesome for the kids to have to see.

Personally I would have done it, cos it might bring it home to a few of the idiots that they are not immortal and it can so easily happen to them.

Racing is foolish, selfish and stupid if done for 'fun' on a public road. Keep it to the track where its regulated and if an accident does occur, there are ways and means to deal with it.
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 08:50
Mine is just too nice, too well looked after and too mint and too much of an investment for me to track it and no, I won't race on the open road but will drive fast when I think it is safe for me to do so.

Thats why its being sold.

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
micky_h View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 16:31
Well it's happened again.Twice in 1 day,second time the t****rs looked like they were trying to remove my rear bumper before over taking into oncoming traffic.Was in a 30 zone and I had to brake so there wasn't a smash,and yes I was doing 30.Starting to think I should have just kept the Golf now.
Will be seriously thinking about trading in over the next couple of weeks.
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 16:34

Micky - don't let them get you down mate.

I have learned just to ignore them.  I know they seem to give E36's much more hassle than E46's for some strange reason but if you trade it in then they're having an impact on your lifestyle that scum like that shouldn't have.

What was it they inscribed on John Majors watch.....

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 16:38
Originally posted by micky_h micky_h wrote:

Well it's happened again.Twice in 1 day,second time the t****rs looked like they were trying to remove my rear bumper before over taking into oncoming traffic.Was in a 30 zone and I had to brake so there wasn't a smash,and yes I was doing 30.Starting to think I should have just kept the Golf now.
Will be seriously thinking about trading in over the next couple of weeks.

Agree, though not with the VW angle. None of 'em seem to give a rat's rear that 9 times out of 10 I've got 1 or both of my daughters in the car with me......which b4 anyone starts to have a go is exactly when I religiously stick to limits and watch my driving even more than usual.

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 16:43

Originally posted by Stone-IslandM3 Stone-IslandM3 wrote:

Agree, though not with the VW angle. None of 'em seem to give a rat's rear that 9 times out of 10 I've got 1 or both of my daughters in the car with me......which b4 anyone starts to have a go is exactly when I religiously stick to limits and watch my driving even more than usual.

Concur totally.  I have pulled over with my 2 year old in the car before (which no-one behind me would be able to see in the Cab) and got out to blast a driver on two occasions.

One was deliberately getting as close to the rear as possible (unfortunately another BMW driver in a 330) and the other was a Van driver with a load of workers in.  Both actually became apologetic but that wouldn't always be the case.

falkster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 06:07

I find people go out of their way to cause bother when they have an inferior car.

Theres a set of lights near where I live with two lanes....one left/straight on and the right hand lane just straight on which then goes back to one lane app 200 yards further up.

I was in the right hand lane doing 40mph maybe slower (40 limit) and a guy Id seen well behind in his Skoda fellatio estate seemed to be coming up on the inside quite quickly as the road merged back into one then decided to shake his head and wave his fist as if Id done something wrong.......he wouldnt discuss it with me when we got to the next set of light which were on red as he went through them when I got out of my car.

Oh and Cinq/Scecentos are the worsth cars for trying to race....Im too old, I just smile and indicate to let them by.

Z3M Roadster (gone....just...but not forgotten...yet)
E30 M3 (Toy)
Alfa 147 (just gone)
BMW 330d (new work horse)
Daimler Double 6 (no idea yet)
Goldryder View Drop Down
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 06:18
I was always a 'target' for silliness. Two reasons I found for this were 1) being a female driver, and 2) driving a 3ltr turbo car.

The times I had challenges at the lights and roundabouts from kids in Nova's and XR2 etc. I hardly had to put the foot on the gas pedal to leave them behind, but they still kept on trying. Poor little things.

I did have the pleasure, more than once, of pulling said fools up and giving them a long talk about how not to drive..in a way that only they would understand...then it was a case of 'sorry, won't do it again' and a terrified face peering out of the window at this ranting female using expletives.

Challenging at lights etc is just plain DUMB! Regardless of the car type, its stupid, moronic, dangerous and just makes you look juvenile.
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 06:48
Looks like I won't have this prob much longer-just taken deposit on the car.

Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 07:45
Originally posted by falkster falkster wrote:

he wouldnt discuss it with me when we got to the next set of light which were on red as he went through them when I got out of my car.

Probably just realised he needed a change of underwear when he saw you getting out of the car.

"Only The Tyres Are Allowed To Smoke!" -- 2001 330ci Sport (man) - "Oh This Is a Saga Now!" -- E46 Section Remote CCTV Solutions
falkster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 08:00
Originally posted by Praktisk Praktisk wrote:

Originally posted by falkster falkster wrote:

he wouldnt discuss it with me when we got to the next set of light which were on red as he went through them when I got out of my car.

Probably just realised he needed a change of underwear when he saw you getting out of the car.

TBH I was only gonna give him a bollocking and lecture him about the short falls of road rage.....personally having started to drive a bit more recently I have noticed a massive change in manners on the road.....people just dont have any and thats what it all boils down to.

I wont let anybody in anymore because no-one will ever let me in. When I do get a touch of guilt and let someone in they never acknowledge.....Even a little movement of the head....bit like a tick but that would do!!!!!!

Sorry

Z3M Roadster (gone....just...but not forgotten...yet)
E30 M3 (Toy)
Alfa 147 (just gone)
BMW 330d (new work horse)
Daimler Double 6 (no idea yet)
m3 freedom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:42
I agree with falkster iam a driving instructor and doesnt really matter if on a lesson with a pupil in my fiesta or driving my m3 there are no manners on the road  people try to race you so they can get to the next red light before you!
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 12:35

Myself, I do drive quickly. Although when I catch people up, I never sit close up behind. Whats the point? You just ask for trouble, get stone chips on the front of your car and you will probably arrive at your destination slower as you have infuriated the driver in front and he would probably drive slower as he is trying to prove a point to you.

Personally, I feel unsafe driving at 30MPH. Unless in built up areas, and where alot of people, not to mention schools are, I always keep with the flow of traffic, keeping a decent distance behind the car in front.

If a boy-racer lines up next to me at the traffic lights, I let them go. Who knows who maybe watching? Who knows what they have under thier bonnets? and who knows what thier driving is like? Once you are infront, you feel the need to drive faster and maybe more recklessly than them to get away. Whats the point in that?

If someone gets very close up behind, then I do as I said in my previous post, although it depends on where you are. On country roads, it is rare that I have anyone close up behind as I do tend to press on a bit, but the same applies, if I come up behind anyone, I do so without scaring the wits ot of them and overtake them giving them plenty of room and not cutting them up.

Motorways... I again, feel unsafe driving at 70MPH in the car. In the truck I have no choice, thats all it will do. At 70 I find you overtake a car, only to be overtaken by the same car 2 miles up the road, you get people struggling to pass you, you get other cars pulling out on you, you get people speed up while you are trying to overtake, it goes on and on. I feel more comfortable at 85MPH where you are overtaking practically everything, but not at a silly stupid speed which frightens others. You do still get overtaken, but who cares? The ones who hog the middle lane really do get my goat! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! These are the people who cause accidents, as they are plain oblivious to anything but keeping between the slow lane and the fast lane - NO MATTER WHAT! I even see it at 3-4am when nothing is about. They just will NOT get over.

RANT OVER!

Oh, I have never felt the need to get out and slam a driver about his "driving". I have hardly ever had cause to blow the horn either. Except to people who slow down and turn up a side road without indicating. There are bad drivers, obviously. But why get heated up about someone elses problem? Stay cool and calm.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
mabelcable View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 14:55

Originally posted by Stone-IslandM3 Stone-IslandM3 wrote:

Looks like I won't have this prob much longer-just taken deposit on the car.

What are you going for now then, a scooby? as i'm sure i've seen a stone-island on scoobynet and i'm guessing there can't be too many people with that id mate?

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 15:47
That'll be me. Wouldnt be seen dead in a scoob though, if that was in the offing it'd be the Mitsu Evo.

Looking around at minute but narrowed to either higher mileage lat 90s E39 523 or mid-90s E34 525/530.

Whatever I get I'm planning on 18months before upping to E46 M3 or E39 M5.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic