Forum LockedCentral locking query

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
e30 318is

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central locking query
    Posted: 28-October-2002 at 20:31
I own a 91 e30 318is with a small problem . After driving the car , the central locking works fine but after leaving the car stand for a while , I have to manually open each door . The central locking is wired through a newly fitted alarm system and therefore works on the button but recently the button just sets and unsets the alarm only . Is my central locking motor knackered ?
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2002 at 09:23
It may be just the cold weather. Mine recently showed the same symptons. A sure sign is when you press the remote you just get a buzzing noise coming from the passenger footwell. This is were the C/L control is. I fixed mine by removing the footwell slam panel, and taking out the control unit. Damp collects down in this area because the sunroof drain runs this way. You may find that the contacts on the control unit are slightly corroded. Also the cover comes of the control unit which makes taking a look at it easier. Ensure everything is nice and clean. You can leave it all open and test it, before putting it back together.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic