Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInsurance for m3’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2002 at 20:02

If it's any help i'm currently insured with Direct Line, 23, 5years NCB, south london about £1400.

DONT GET INSUREANCE FROM DIRECTLINE

a nice young lady "dented" my car and im currently in the process of getting my car fixed and oh my god their a pain in the arse. When the saga has finished ill put a full post up.

They may be cheap, but do yourself a favor and dont even bother phoning or going on their site

Absolutly DIABOLICAL Customer Service

Sponsored Links

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2003 at 08:39

I've been having a running battle with Adrian Flux cos they forgot to send out the direct debit forms at the beginning of my policy, only realised 2 weeks before it ran out and sent me a letter asking for the remaining 600 notes to be paid before the end of the policy - zoiks, just a week before Xmas too! They never sent me anything in writing comfirming the full policy amount at the start either, just a letter thanking me for the 250 quid that I'd sent them!

Needless to say I'll probably have to pay it off over a few months this years now but I certainly wouldn't recommend them purely on the lack of professionalism I've experienced. We'll see what the nasty letter I sent them does for the situation, I had so much bad customer service off various companies last year this sent me into orbit but I enjoyed writing the letter all the same...

SJC1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2003 at 10:37

i have just insured my E36 M3, 1993, full NCB for 459 fully comp with liverpoolvictoria, i also use a golf GTI mk1 and insucre that with them.

cheers

steve

Griff View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2003 at 23:36

For Insurance I would strongly suggest trying the Club's approved insurers - RH - see mag for contact details. When mine renewed in July 2002 they knocked 40% off my renewal quote from Norwich Union.  Most quotes I got were around £1200 but they came in at £736, including business use.

Whatever you end up with, please put a message back into the forum.

Enjoy!!

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2003 at 19:16

£760 with Admiral. Normal non-business usage.

6NCB, 40 years old, live in GU21 (Guildford)

No broker is the same with insurance - they are all diferent, even with the same under-writers. They all do personal deals with the under-writers based on the target market they want to go for (offer the best deals).

It is why I have all the adverts, like the AA, which are being a bit economical with the truth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic