FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWessex Events and Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jacqui View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2004 at 12:46

Hi Everyone,

Jacqui here, the new Chairman of the Wessex Region (for my sins!!!), finally got round to registering on the forum! As you all know we have recently put together our new committee and are doing all we can to put on some good events this summer, Tristan is doing sterling work and has already organised 2 events that look fantastic (Bealieau and Castlecombe). There are some things I would really appreciate feedback on so we as a committee can reflect what you guys enjoy in our events list. Firstly, pub meets, we plan to have a pub meet every first thursday in the month, located at various pubs around the region, the next being at The Halfway Bridge in Petworth 0n June 3rd,7.30pm, does this sound good, ideas welcome! I have always found pub meets a great oppurtunity to meet other members and of course in the summer a great chance to see some fantastic cars! The landlord of the Halfway Bridge has asked for a rough idea of numbers so could you plaese let me know if you would like to come.

The Wessex committee of last year had a joint Dinner Dance with the Motorcycle club in January this year, I have been approached by the MCC to ask if our region would be interested in doing it again next year, the evening consisted of a three course meal followed by a danceband, the cost was £25 per head. The planned date is 29th January 2005. Could you send me your thoughts on this, would anyone like to go to this type of event? It would be good to give the MCC our support as they have kindly invited us along to their track day on June 12th. On that subject  I need to know how many of you plan to come on that day, my local dealer has offered to bring down a couple of cars (any request? the new 6 maybe!) to view only, and if enough people come it would be good to organise a display of cars, Goodwood is always a relaxed day out and there are still some track tickets available for cars.

Looking forward to lots of replies!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic