Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedm3 evo convertable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: m3 evo convertable
    Posted: 03-February-2003 at 20:23

can anybody help i own a 1996 m3 evo convertable wich has started to wooble from side to side at low speeds. any ideas the steering feels different also

also i have a leak of some sort im not sure what the fluid is its light beige thickish substance melted chocolate ice scream  best describes it ive found it a couple of times after parking up from a long journey

Sponsored Links

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2003 at 20:32

have you checked your tyres, when mine are worn down to 3mm, the rear can produce a wobble, and roughish ride.

The caramel liquid may be some of the original wax that is used and injected into cavities of the car. I had an e30 that did this when new, and after it had been used, therefore was hot, and runny! It was coming from the leading edges of the bonnet at the time, a sod to clean off the body though!

we're the Sweeney son, and we ain't had our dinner.....
SimplyRed View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2003 at 00:18
well for a start, what on earth are u doing driving an Evo slowly??? If it only wobbles at low speeds then put the pedal to the metal.     I have a 97P Evo Convertible and I have also notice this wobble when tyres are nearly finished, but i've had a few coupes and they never did this, maybe it has something to do with the flex that all convertibles have? As for the roughish ride, that I am almost positive is because of the lack of its rigidity. We cant have it all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic