FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy Views on Motec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Views on Motec
    Posted: 02-February-2003 at 20:42

My car does not need a can of Redbull to make it fly it has a Motec M48, all I need now is some wings

The mid range power is fantastic and throttle response is instantaneous, idle control is great, basically it is the best ££'s I have spent on the car.

I do have a slight problem at the moment but Rich at Powerstation is looking into that for me, apart from this small mishap the Motec has transformed the car and the driveability of it.

It has taken seven months and various people working on the car but now it is finally finished, well maybe until I find a reasonably priced carbon airbox to fit the other four injectors.

I am looking forward to Bedford if someone can tell me what date it is and is it being run through BMW Car Club?

Cheers,

Andy.

Sponsored Links

jon90 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2003 at 21:33

Andy,Glad to here you are happy with your car.Monday,24th march.organised by BMWCC. CU there.        cheers Jon.

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2003 at 23:32

Andy,

Excellent news. Needless to say, I cannot wait to get mine back. How does the car compare to when it had the SS MAF? Could you e-mail me about the problem it had?

I'm going to be looking at Bedford too. I'm starting a new job in the next few days, so I'll be able to work out if I can go soon. Race you there.......

John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2003 at 08:53

Andy,

I'm not quite in the market for a motec (yet!) but the exhaust you have interests me if it's the one they advertise at £500? Is it bags noisier or just a bit, I understand that in the absence of a motec this is probably where the smart money goes?!

Also when are you guys thinking of going to Bedford? It's only up the road from me and I'd like to pop up and say hello.

cheers

Jason

Andy OH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2003 at 12:18

Jason,

The exhaust the guys at Powerstation have had made is very high quality and it is not noisy, I know five people who have bought the exhaust and for the money it is streets ahead of anything Scorpion or Supersprint have.  Give Powerstation a call on 01242 238400 and speak to Rich or Dirk.

Bedfod is Monday 24th March.

Cheers,

Andy

Darren M View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2003 at 13:30

Just came across their website. May sound a bit silly but hows the ground clearance with that single exhaust? I thought even the std one is crimped a bit to fit through something instead of under it for better ground clearance on the road cars? I assume the single pipe now goes under?

Looks damn fine that kit (both the exhaust at the Motec setup)

Andy OH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2003 at 16:00

The ground clearance with the sinlge pipe is fine it hasn't ground out once yet.   I worry more about my front splitter, I only have 4 inches of ground clearance at best on the front end.

Also Bedford 24th March has been cancelled due to Palmer wanting too much money for the day, greedy sods, they are pricing track days out of the reach of some people now.

Andy.

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2003 at 16:28

Seem to remember Bedford being expensive when I was there with the 7 club last 18 months ago, gits...

Are there any other club days coming up soon does anyone know?

Andy OH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2003 at 08:40

Jason,

The BMW Car Club are at Hethel (Lotus' test track in Norwich) on Saturday 22nd March.  I think I may just have to do that day.

Andy.

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2003 at 09:27

Been there, that's fun, although there were a few wings missing from 7's by the end of the day and a couple in the tyres by the pit exit - over excitement for some folks there.

I have a trackday booked for Llandow in south wales the following weekend so don't think I'll be allowed out to play for 2 weekends in a row...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic