FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMotec M48 now fitted to my 2.5 Sport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motec M48 now fitted to my 2.5 Sport
    Posted: 28-January-2003 at 19:42

I had a call today from the the guys at Powerstation who have fitted a Motec M48 to my car and the power figure is 263 bhp, not bad from an engine that is almost stock apart from a pair of Schrick 284 cams, also they did not need to fit the bigger Bosch 803 injectors which normally has to be fitted to 2.3 engines as the injectors on the 2.5 can cope with the extra amount of air that the Motec allows.  I went for the Motec M48 as this unit can run up to 8 injectors whereas the M4 can only run 4 injectors, also partly because I may in the future run twin injection on the car.....even more power

I am looking forward to spirited drive home from Cheltenham very soon.

After six months of various niggly problems with the car and continuous problems with the exhaust, which has now been changed for a Miltek system supplied from Powerstaion, the car now has the power and performance I knew it was capable of.

I'll post again once I have picked up the car, to tell you all what it is like to drive.

Cheers,

Andy

Sponsored Links

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2003 at 23:50
Awesome. Looking forward to a side-by-side run with both our cars at Bexleys........if we can get it organised. I've told Simon Mac to hurry up with his alpha-N so we can organise a great day out.
John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

m3geezer View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2003 at 12:13
mine is going in on the 8th feb for a couple of weeks for the MBE unit, i will look at organising it for end of feb if everyone can make it, it will have to be a week day. i'll speak to the magazine today or tommorow about it as nigel provisionally ok'd this and the mag was interested.
Andy OH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2003 at 12:30

Simon,

What Mag is it? Is it Performance BMW?  I'd be interested in doing the day or the afternoon as Bexley's are only 45 minutes away from me.  John may have a long journey unless we can do it while his car is still down at Bexleys?  See what you can sort out, I'm quite flexible but John does have quite a journey back down from Newcastke if he Motec is fitted sooner.

Cheers,

Andy.

jon90 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2003 at 21:43

John W.Just finished supervising the fitting of your exhaust(making the tea actually)nice bit of kit fits very well.All you have got to do now is repair brake duct pipes and have you adjusted your rear shocks lately?One is  on max and the other is somewhere inbetween.Bexley have just done a run on a turbo charged S14 ,320+bhp  over 300 lbs torque and the exhaust was limiting it at anything over 5000 rpm !!!!!!

cheers Jon

m3geezer View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2003 at 12:52

andy, its performance bmw, i will be speaking to rob soon about it, he needs to confirm that they are interested. i have you down as wanting attend as i heard it through the grapevine, there will be yourself, me, nigel and john w.

jon, 320+bhp and still more to come, i think i may need to look at turbo's, not sure if its the right thing to do with a m3 though.

Ricc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2003 at 13:00
Simon - is this an invite only event??
m3geezer View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2003 at 22:59

ricc, unfortunatly we had a rolling road day a couple of weeks ago, i was fully booked for this and at the time didn't know of you. maybe next time?

the thing above is a magazine article documenting the fitting of aftermarket ecu's and the fitting process, we have 4 different systems all being installed this month on various cars, so it won't be a an event of any sort, when i know more (not even sure it is definitly happening yet) you are quite welcome to come along and have a look if it interests you.

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2003 at 14:02
Quote: Originally posted by jon90 on 29-January-2003

John W.Just finished supervising the fitting of your exhaust(making the tea actually)nice bit of kit fits very well.All you have got to do now is repair brake duct pipes and have you adjusted your rear shocks lately?One is  on max and the other is somewhere inbetween.Bexley have just done a run on a turbo charged S14 ,320+bhp  over 300 lbs torque and the exhaust was limiting it at anything over 5000 rpm !!!!!!

cheers Jon

Hi Jon,

I must confess, I haven't messed with the rear shocks at all since getting the car.......the previous owner said he had carefully selected it's current settings that he found spot on at the Ring. Or maybe not!!!!!!!! I had an instructor drive the thing around Donington on it's present settings, and he said it handled fine! Oh well.

Is the cooling piping knackered? I've got some spare at home. It isn't very strong, but I had to use that type because the stronger stuff we tried first time was too stiff, and it wouldn't bend properly when full lock was applied. How bad is it? What exactly is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3

jon90 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2003 at 15:18

its worn right through where it connects to that bracket thing? where it passes through the weather shield.5 mins work and a couple of feet of pipe should do it,could you not do away with it and use 1 piece because its getting coil bound up against it?Your exhaust fits really well, good ground clearence

cheers jon

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2003 at 20:05

Well that piping didn't last long. I'm not sure if a single piece would work, we'll have to see.

I'm glad to hear the exhaust is good. Any news on the cam cover painting?

John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2003 at 21:03

Mr Geezer, this kind of stuff interests me too, would appreciate the opportunity to come along, put some faces to names and find out what to spend my non existent spare cash on.

If that's alright with you lot obviously?!

jon90 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2003 at 21:36

John W,

dont know about yor cam cover,I was only up there picking up some anti-roll bars and a spare set of 15 in wheels.Ican feel another trackday commin on.

cheers Jon

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2003 at 23:38
Quote: Originally posted by jon90 on 31-January-2003

John W,

dont know about yor cam cover,I was only up there picking up some anti-roll bars and a spare set of 15 in wheels.Ican feel another trackday commin on.

cheers Jon

Trackday??? When are you thinking?

John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3

m3geezer View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2003 at 00:55
jaseb, yeah no problem, i'll contact you when i know the day.
jon90 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2003 at 23:02

John W      There was talk of Donnington around 14 Feb,but Jags car isn`t finished and I`ve got a few go much faster bits to mine so the next one will probably be Bedford?

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic