FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPowerstation Visit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powerstation Visit
    Posted: 26-January-2003 at 10:56

My car finally made it to Powerstaion in Cheltenham yesterday so that they can fit a Motec M48. 

The car went on their rolling road in its current state and we saw 214 bhp.  The next thing that was done was to change the exhaust and Rich at Powerstation fitted one of their custom made exhausts.  The car was then put on the rolloing road and the result was 256 bhp at 6950 rpm and 203 lb ft torque at 6190 rpm.  These results are quite impressive from an almost stock engine fitted with a pair of Schrick 284 cams and it also proves how critical the exhaust is for the S14 engine.

Hopefully with the Motec fitted we should break in to the 260-270 bhp mark!

I'll post results once the Motec has been fitted.

Cheers,

Now a slightly happier Andy OH

Sponsored Links

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2003 at 12:02

ooh that's tempting...

Those numbers sounds good! Have you noticed a better delivery of power too, lower down torque and all that? Is the exhaust a lot noiser? I have to drive mine everyday (shame) and wouldn't want too much more noise!

If you don't mind my nosing, how much are shrick cams, zaust and rolling road sesh?

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2003 at 12:03
PS Do you have a number for Powerstation, might 'need' to have some words in their direction
m3geezer View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2003 at 13:20
nice to see you are finally having some luck with the power on your engine, i think john warrington will be happy to hear about the exhaust on your car as i believe he spoke to you and then ordered one himself, i was looking at building a similar exhaust to power stations but using 3 inch tube with a single outlet at the back, but i may now look into buying theirs, as it looks like they have it all sorted out. i await my mbe ecu to be fitted from nigel french's car onto mine in a couple of weeks so i'm hoping to see a few more horses than my almost stock 204bhp i have at the moment, i guess i'll have to wait for them cams before things really get interesting, won;t be long as i have a complete timing chain kit sitting here ready to be installed. <SCRIPT> window.open=NS_ActualOpen; orig_onload = window.onload; orig_onunload = window.onunload; window.onload = noopen_load; window.onunload = noopen_unload;
Andy OH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2003 at 19:07

JaseB,

Remember I have a 2.5 so there's more power already than a 2.3.  Of the 2.3 engines they have fitted Motec to, most of the cars needed bigger injectors to allow more fuel for the amount of extra air that goes into the engine.

M3geezer,

At last the I have the power and more hopefully I knew the car had.  Its the combination of correct cam timing (thanks to Bexley's for this) and the correct exhaust and the Motec will bring greater driveability and hopefully slightly more power.

I'll post the results in a weeks time when I pick up the car.

Andy.

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2003 at 19:28

Andy, that is spot on. I have just got your mesage (I've been away for the weekend with no phone signal), and I'll ring you later.

One question, do you think I am doing the right thing getting a 284/272 combo, or do you think I should go for the 284/284 set-up you have? I thought that gave a narrow power band?

Cheers.

John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2003 at 19:30

Oh yeah, another question.....

Were those figures achieved with the SS MAF in place? Or was it with the AFM and Motronic? If it's the latter, that is huge power.

John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2003 at 08:15

Andy

Picked up my Sport Evo a couple of weekends back...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic