FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedm3 evo speeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
EstorilEvo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: m3 evo speeds
    Posted: 24-February-2003 at 21:20

A friend of mine has a Subara WRX and I can confirm that my Evo's quicker, both acceleration and, obviously, top end. Having said that, if you come up against an STi, it's going to be pretty close - I'm pretty sure that the 0-60 times are identical and, believe it or not, the STi has more torque. Then there's the Prodrive UK300 has 300+  bhp so you can imagine how that goes. As M3AG says, it' is all very much dependent upon the driver and very much on the weather as the Subaru's are fantastic in the wet. 

Sponsored Links

Wonkydog View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2003 at 20:12

Played with a 911 today. Don't you just love dry weather and grip? We both knew the roads like the backs of our hands and there was no other traffic so were doing quite insane speeds. I was up for it today, as soon as I saw the 911 pull out in front of me I dropped down the box and the wife grabbed the door handle. He tried to leave but there was no chance. I just love cornering on the edge. I was quite dissapointed when I had to turn off for home, would have played for longer and kicked some butt, but had just been to Tesco's and had frozen food in the boot. Doh!

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2003 at 17:32

I had a play against a Scoob at the weekend in a straight line and came off pretty even, at higher speeds reckon I would have 'ad 'im. And that was in an E30 M3 Evo, so reckon you'll p!$$ all over them no probs. He had a little prodive badge on the back too and a dirty great tailpipe so I'm not even sure it was entirely std. Excellent fun! I think he was quite suprised - well I was so why shouldn't he be.

Nice touch on the back shelf tho, couple of noddy Scooby doo's

SimplyRed View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2003 at 23:53
An Evo against a Elise os a piece of cake. Elises are beautiful to drive, they have that nice go-kart responsiveness, but they are never gonna outgun a M3 of any age.   As for the Subaru, well if the Subaru is standard then the evo will win again, but once those kids start modding those turbo cars, the sky is really the limit for them.   
Wonkydog View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2003 at 23:01
There is too much traffic on the roads these days to make any REAL time gain in your journey. Sorry but If you are so hung up on 0-60 times perhaps you should change your initials to JC and work for Top Gear.! LOL
Wonkydog View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2003 at 22:53

Who wants to race? yeah, you will beat them all from the lights but there is granny in her metro just around the corner. She is at the back of a queue trying to overtake a milk float, pulling a caravan. I have had my M3 for four months and the trip computer still refuses to go over 32 MPH average speed. That is with dual carriage way blasts and trips on the M4 motorway. You have a car that car SAFELY and quickly pull out off a junction or roundabout or brake short enough to prevent an accident.

Wonkydog View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2003 at 22:40

Try WWW.rolan.com  or WWW.bmwlinks.com  They have loads of stuff. Your M3 does 0-60 in about 5.2 secs. Who cares about figures? You drive an M3 for gods sake! My E36 four door M3 is rarer than most cars, and has a top notch engine growl!

m3kuk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2003 at 18:57

I reckon it would have to be a pretty good scooby to knock out 300bhp+

Don't forget that 4WD eats up horses! As for the twisties....I recon an EVO is a match for anything!

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2003 at 22:09

Try looking in the back of EVO magazine - they list most things. The figures in bold are as tested by the mag itself, the rest are manufacturers claimed figs.

As for racing Subaru's - they are a bit like curries. They go from mild to extra hot depending on which derivative you pick. That said - you'd need at least a Madras to keep up with your new steed in a straight line. Just watch your mirrors on the twisty bits........

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2003 at 15:06

Are you talking about on a straight, or in the twisty bits, as each would provide a different outcome. I imagine that it could be something like an equal start, maybe the scooby getting better traction, but once that straight 6 gets going, and reaches it's mid range peak, it should be all over for the scooby, but then again, nothing is equal in this world, and it depends on the drivers and their abilities.

But the Elise, not sure, never come up against one.

0-60 for the Evo is around the 5.2 sec mark. 0-100 around 12.5 secs or so.

we're the Sweeney son, and we ain't had our dinner.....
m3kuk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2003 at 14:49
About 5 secs,timed on a stopwatch.Never raced a Subaru.Done an Excel though! 
silkym3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2003 at 14:18

Hi, i have recently purchased a m3 evo 96 p reg (yesterday). does anyone know of any accurate  0-60 times?????????

how do these cars fair in a race against subabru impreza's and lotus elise's
??

cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic