Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAutoglym or Zymol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-April-2004 at 00:16

I used some "sureguard paint cream" that came with wifeys suzuki to obtain the results below.

I'll have to see how it lasts.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Sponsored Links

dbanbery View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
David S Banbery [L/20973]

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2004 at 00:42

i use my dads autoglym collection (free, hey im a student aka pikey). tcut, resin wax, and the super resin stuff too... all cool. will check out the zymol stuff as they bummed it in the bmw club mag a couple of issues ago. i agree the white residue is annoying but i found you only get that if you leave it too long and "too long" is a short amount of time on a hot day.  and if i get it on the plastic i use the autoglym bumper care to sort that out which by the way brings up any colour plastic mint, and if you use it generously it lasts a while... although that would be more helpful on a vauxhall forum, since 80 vauxhalls had that plastic that started life grey, then 5 mins in sunlight went to that god awful primer grey colour we see nowadays.

thinking about the natural VS. petruleum distillates thing, i see what our silver birch tree does to moms car...... i would use natural stuff for natural thing and since paint is derived from petruleum distillates i would use them on it rather than the zymol stuff..... less work too im a lazy bugger (student habits)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic