Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedalarm going off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alarm going off
    Posted: 17-February-2015 at 09:52
ah here, 2 posts in a day.  520 e39 petrol 2002.

driving home yesterday, pulled into a garage to get something,  used fob to lock doors.  came out, fob wouldnt work,   used the key to open the doors, alarm went off, expected behaviour but when I start the car the alarm is still going off, now this is not expected behaviour.   If ever the fob wasnt working , the alarm always stops when the engine start.

So pressed fob, it did lock the doors this time, unlocked again, repeat a few times so fob battery seems to be working.  Alarm is still going off though.  
Car starts, I drive up the road, alarm eventually stops after a few cycles.   I stop, get out, test fob again, doors lock and open each time.  Open the door, alarm goes off.  same thing, goes through the cycles and stops.  I take it for a drive to a big open space to not wake the neighbours.  lock the doors, open again, now the alarm isnt going off.  hmm, seems to be fixed.

But problem started again this morning, alarm going off even though fob opened the doors.

Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2015 at 07:50
I wonder if it is low car battery power? When my E60 had battery problems the alarm sounded as the car thinks the battery is being disconnected in an attempt to steal it and fires the alarm off......any other weird electrical faults? That would also indicate a weak battery.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2015 at 08:32
I was wondering the same thing Andrew.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic