Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddrivers seat e60 05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drivers seat e60 05
    Posted: 17-April-2014 at 11:27
hi everyone I'm new to the site and have a question i have a little green plug that is hanging lose on my drivers seat by the door and its the same looking plug as what gos in to the seat belt tensioner on the other side by the centre console dose anyone have any idea what might be missing or where its meant to go ? 
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2014 at 12:45

Hi and welcome to the forum

I take it that you no warning lights on the dash?  A disconnected plug on a seat if it were relating to the air bag occupancy sensor or seat belt pre tensioner would make your dash/iDrive light up like a Christmas tree.

Do you have seat heating?  Does it work?  Do you have electric seats? Does all the parts work?  If not mibbie that's whats disconnected.

If not it could be the plug for seat heating or for electric seats.  Some car looms will have all the necessary connections for all the various options that can be fitted, but if the option isn't requested then parts of the wiring loom are redundant.

If all works then don't worry about it.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
blakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2014 at 00:28
i have seat belt light on the dash and the airbag light on but everything is connected and this plug has no where to go unless there is something missing 
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2014 at 09:19

Could be for something else that hasn't been fitted.

Seat belt light and airbag light are easy enough to reset by a local garage.  Get them reset to rule out something else in the seat wiring.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic