Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPolice driver training visit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 21:17
Originally posted by e36garry e36garry wrote:

I have just turned up a day early 😂😂😂😂😂

Just like your father.. Premature
Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 22:43
Originally posted by e36garry e36garry wrote:

I have just turned up a day early 😂😂😂😂😂

I'm still laughing you dafty!!

johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2014 at 10:48
Originally posted by barry b barry b wrote:

If there are people unsure of how to get there I will go to bothwell services for 6 and can meet up and we can leave there at 6.20(at the latest!)
For those making their own way direct to the centre I will see you's there.
Thanks

Ok Barry i will head out to Bothwell Services for 6 meet your there 

M3 Evo 4 door
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2014 at 11:13
We'll be there for then too, Issy will be there so there'll no doubt be Costa involved lol
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2014 at 23:07
What a fantastic night, Huge thanks to Barry for arranging this and also to Strathclydes finest for the excellent presentations and driving demonstrations, absolutely brilliant !!!!!ClapThumbs UpClap
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2014 at 23:25
What a night that was,thanks to Barry and the chaps at the training college even having a bit of a cold never slowed my driving down lol

M3 Evo 4 door
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2014 at 00:12
Post updated -see below 

Edited by nero - 28-August-2014 at 14:41

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2014 at 13:22
Gutted i missed this one, hopefully if its arranged again i'll manage to make that one. Approve
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2014 at 14:39
Firstly, thanks to Barry for organizing and to the instructors at the Police College - an educational and fun evening 

The evening was an insight into the driver training police officers go through before being let loose on police business - their training takes a number of days

The visit was broken up into 3 sessions 
  1. A slide presentation on driving skills, showing how to read the driving environment and the dangers to look out for. The Driving Signs quiz certainly showed how lacking our knowledge is, albeit some of the signs were obscure ones
  2. Driven by an instructor, giving us a running commentary whist driving of the things to watch for - this tied in with what was discussed in the slideshow
  3. For a bit of fun, we were let loose driving an obstacle course, consisting of - forward slalom, forward garage park, reverse out, reverse garage park, parallel park, reverse slalom, then back to the home garage
I sure everybody enjoyed the visit and that our driving on the way home was much improved on that on the way there 

Some of my photos from last night - Click on thumbnail to see larger image 

barry b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barry b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2014 at 14:47
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the visit. Hopefully that nice 5 series will be waiting for me me I go back to work on Saturday!
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2014 at 18:23
I nearly made a last minute appearance as it was 30 years to the day since I joined.

I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2014 at 08:05
As everyone else has said, great wee night and thanks to Barry for his part.
Guys were great and had plenty of time for us.

How many people are trying the running commentary now?
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2014 at 09:19
Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

I nearly made a last minute appearance as it was 30 years to the day since I joined.

that would have been good, 30 years Clap you are one old fart now and let your self go!!!LOL
Would have been good to see you bud

M3 Evo 4 door
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2014 at 09:47
Originally posted by alanross alanross wrote:

As everyone else has said, great wee night and thanks to Barry for his part.
Guys were great and had plenty of time for us.

How many people are trying the running commentary now?
I canny speak that fast, I can do it in the Transit tho Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic