FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRadio communications

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2013 at 17:10
1, Cambell
Sponsored Links

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2013 at 17:09
I know I've said this before and it got mixed responses.

I think that when we're out and about on a drive, radio comms would be sooooo handy. Remember last year when the convoy leader lead 15 cars through a school carpark, how much better would it have been if he was able to say "stop guys, I've made an erse of this". 

I would suggest that purely for safety reasons, in convoy, only the lead middle and rear cars talk but it would be sooo handy if everyone else could hear whats going on.

Can anybody remember leaving the pub near Penicuik, heading for Newhouse and poor Tommy ended up near Carlisle ? (Despite 2 sat navs) This wouldn't have happened if we were in touch.

Readily available 446MHZ (PMR) walkie talkies would be ideal for this and I recon a few of you will have them lying about. The disadvantage to these radios is that they are very low power, this means that the range is not too fantastic.

As most of you will know, a few of us have Amateur Radio licences and I'm looking into getting some professional grade walkie talkies.  I have found a supplier that can supply these radios in a job lot of 10. The advantages of these radios is that they are far far better quality, 10 times more powerful which increases range and can cover the Amateur Radio frequencies and the 446MHz (PMR) frequencies. 

I will be happy to program the radios to only work on the licence free section on 446MHz so nobody can get in trouble.

I am happy to order these radios and program them. The job lot price works out at £28.42 per radio meaning I will have an initial outlay of £284.20. (Bargain)

Who would like one ? Once I get to 10, I'll make the order.

Edited by Cambell - 17-February-2013 at 21:21
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic