Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE70 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E70 problems
    Posted: 27-December-2012 at 23:28
Hi, not been on for ages so belated Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.
Anyone else having repeated problems with water ingress on their E70? I had 2 sets replaced when under warranty but now out of warranty dealer not interested. Main offender being passenger side on tail lift. Where to buy replacement unit and get fitted locally? Regards, Ian.
Ps. this added to a faulty hand brake unit and dashboard trim coming away from glove box, I'm wondering what happened to the build quality of my old BM's that gave me no grief.
Also, wife gave me money for a driving day for crimbo. Anyone know of M3 driving days in Scotland?
E46 325ci topaz blue(02-08)
E70 3.0d SE space grey (08-on)
E30 325i convertible Alpine white

Sponsored Links

Ian1971 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2013 at 19:27
Hi Andrew, maybe this is why there has been TWO posts in a year on the X forum. Maybe we don't know the rules, eh?
E46 325ci topaz blue(02-08)
E70 3.0d SE space grey (08-on)
E30 325i convertible Alpine white

johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2013 at 20:37
1st up Happy new year Thumbs Up, now then just seen your post the thing is not much going on at this time of year so forum bit quite, and there is all sorts of BMWs on this, but do not think X forum has meany on it or many on here has car like yours but some one may have some info that may help you!!!! 
nice car you have do like them,
RULES!!!! Ermm

M3 Evo 4 door
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2013 at 08:21
Hi Ian

I locked you post on the X forum as you had asked the same question on the Scottish Forum (rules say no to cross posting I'm afraid) but with an additional question regarding the driving day.   I guessed that you would get more responses in the Scottish Forum because a) it is one of the most active parts on the Forum and b) the guys in the Scottish Section will more likely answer on the second question (on a local basis) and becasue we are helpful chaps we may be able to help answer the original question.

I would perservere with BMW but go to a different dealer.  If two sets were replaced under warranty that will show up on BMWs system.  I'm sure you get at least a years or mibbie even a two year warranty on parts and labour fitted by BMW, check the small print on the back of the invoice.

Also staying in Renfrewshire, which dealer do you go to?  Avoid the one in the centre of Glasgow.

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic