Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > Adverts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWTD - E39 mirror cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogs 320i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTD - E39 mirror cover
    Posted: 03-February-2012 at 18:28
anyone got a passenger side mirror cover for  a e39. someone robbed mineAngry must b cheap. fjord grey if poss but anything would do cheers gogs
Sponsored Links

Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2012 at 22:39
They are impossible to remove without damaging the clips. Best spend £40 for a new one and get it painted for about the same. Be VERY careful when fitting a new one or it will break the clips.Ouch
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2012 at 08:26
I brushed past my E39 wing mirror one night and the cover fell to the ground.  I was worried as it was December and I was driving up to the Highlands early next morning and wanted to keep the salty muck out of the mechanisim.  Held the cover on with cable ties until I got to my local body shop who just applied a fed doods of sticky silicon or similar then a few more cable ties to hold it on while the goo set and it was fine ever since.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2012 at 10:54
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

I brushed past my E39 wing mirror one night and the cover fell to the ground.  I was worried as it was December and I was driving up to the Highlands early next morning and wanted to keep the salty muck out of the mechanisim.  Held the cover on with cable ties until I got to my local body shop who just applied a fed doods of sticky silicon or similar then a few more cable ties to hold it on while the goo set and it was fine ever since.

That works as well Roland - wish I had thought of it. I stuck mine together with cellotape for a week or two while I got and painted a new one. Bust it fitting it on so perhaps next time I will just glue it on!Ouch
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic