Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Website Forum > Website Announcements & Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAdvertising and site layout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advertising and site layout
    Posted: 27-December-2011 at 09:53
Firstly, let me say that Bavarian Board is a fantastic place to be and I prefer it to the BMWCC (of which I'm a member) forum.

I have been having a bit of a laugh with the Scottish peeps but if I'm honest, I actually believe what I've written.

I'm sure the advertisers contribute massively towards the upkeep of the forum and I'm happy to see them here (although I have blocked them in an attempt to create more space for relevant forum issues) but I firmly believe that their adverts take up far too much space on my screen. 

In this thread, http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=48374&PN=2&title=stickies I've posted a suggestion that I think may keep everyone happy.

Admin, please consider this suggested change as it will make the site more attractive to new users and old f@rts like myself.

It may also be a good idea to have the Amazon link as part of the advertising. I know that another website that I am on the admin team of has this and the site gets a proportion of all sales made through Amazon as a result of the link. This more than pays for the site and web hosting fees etc, worth a thought guys.
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2011 at 19:59
Give me a day or two and it shall be done!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2011 at 20:42
Omg thanks KB! Maybe we will get some peace now!!! Thumbs Up

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2011 at 15:28
Happy now Cambell? Big smile

Edited by Issy - 30-December-2011 at 15:29

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2011 at 15:43
The adverts are too large - they're bigger than the forum logo (it detracts from the forum branding ) Confused

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2011 at 15:58
Hrmmm you could be right there Neil!! Oh problems problems!!! Ouch

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2011 at 15:22
It seems that all is well now in the Scottish Region and 'Victor' is happy! Thanks KB good job! Clap

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2012 at 08:33
Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

It seems that all is well now in the Scottish Region and 'Victor' is happy! Thanks KB good job! Clap
"Victor" is somewhat happy, He still believes that there are absolutely pointless and useless threads taking up valuable space in the announcements section and the stickies section of his local forum.

"Victor" is happy with the changes made thusfar and "Victor" only wants the best for the forum.

"Victor" administers another website and forum and doesn't allow dead threads to clutter the front page as this makes the forum look unused as the prevailant threads that show initially have age old last post dates. Why would a new person want to join in ?

"Victor" accepts constrictive criticism and acts upon it and isn't afraid to give it.

"Victor" actually has a brother called Victor who actively reads Bavarian Board to see what his wee brother is up to. Hiya Vic, bin the flippin Jag bud!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic