Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE60 M5 Central Locking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nige J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E60 M5 Central Locking
    Posted: 24-December-2011 at 13:38
Hey guys, first post as I am new the group.  Have had a failure of my central locking on my 07 M5 - the car is fitted with comfort access and that seems not to work either.  Have checked all fuses and replaced the battteries in the keys to no avail.  Had water ingress in the drivers side recently due to a blocked drain hole under the filter housing under the bonnet - is there anything electronic under the carpet related to central locking that might be the problem?  Any suggestions gratefully received before I cough up loads on wonga taking ti the dealership to be put on the diagnostic computer!!
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2011 at 16:02
Welcom to the forum.
You might find it is a programming error.

These things will work until one day they decide not too, then the only cure is to take the car to BMW to get the thing re-programmed.  For example E60 eyebrow headlights are a common thing to stop working re-quiring the dealer to re-programme the car to get them to come back on.

Don't mention the water ingress to the dealer as if you are under any form of warranty, I don't think water ingress is protected against.

Or

You might find it will start working once it has dried out after a few days/weeks.

HTH

Andrew
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Nige J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nige J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2011 at 09:33
Thanks Andrew, keep hoping it will dry out and miraculously start working again, but nothing yet!  Have it booked in to the local BMW dealership this Friday to get it on to the diagnostic computer to see what the problem is!!  Might be skint for a few months if it's a biggie!!!  Happy New Year
ken737 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 17:53
Hi Nige, and welcome. What's it actually doing? Or not, even. Regards, Ken
Who needs petrol anyway...
Nige J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nige J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2012 at 12:32
Hi Ken, all sorted now, down to a faullty antenna control unit somewhere in the roof area, so not linked to the 'flood' unfortunately - couldn't apportion blame to the garage so had to pay - £565.00Cry Symptoms were that the comfort access and remote operation using the ignition key just stopped working.  Only link I can think of to the water ingress might have been me using a heater to dry the carpet out which may have caused moisture in the ACU and caused it to fail!!!
ken737 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2012 at 14:22
That's kind of what I thought. I had "up to the window" range on my 5, and it was this amplifier too. Now at least 50 yds on the remote.....well done!
Who needs petrol anyway...
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2012 at 07:43
I dont have comfort access (its a 2005 car) and the range on my key is crap, (I mean standing by the drivers door and key in pocket and it doesn't work, out of the pocket, all is good (not lead lined jeans)) any thoughts ?
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2012 at 08:27
Mibbie there is something else in your jeans that is blocking the signal although, it would be so teeny weeny, I doubt it would block the signal.LOL
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2012 at 10:54
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

Mibbie there is something else in your jeans that is blocking the signal although, it would be so teeny weeny, I doubt it would block the signal.LOL
@433MHz, the wavelength is approx 70cms therefor a 1/4 wavelength of which a badly tuned parasitic antenna element that would absorb any RF radiation would be approx 17.5cms. Sounds about right to me !!LOL 

The trick is to be less excited when I see my car.Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic