Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBMW Mini warning light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyp_E30_325i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW Mini warning light
    Posted: 20-November-2011 at 17:00
Hi folks,

Wife's Mini One puncture warning light came on, true enough there was a screw in one of the tyres, duly replaced (never do these things actually puncture a repairable area, sods law!) however now the warning light is staying on...?

The owners manual says if the warning light is staying on take the car to Mini Service... yes, very helpful.  Is there a way to reset the warning light?

Thanks,

Gary
Gary

E30 325i

Pug 206GTi (for sale!)

Renault Megane R26 F1 Team II

Toyota Corolla AE92 GTi - competition car

Yamaha YZF750R - soon to be streetfightered!
Sponsored Links

BMWchic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMWchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2012 at 15:37
I drive a Z4 09, my puncture warning light came on for about 30 seconds and then turned off. I instantly panicked but had it looked the very next day. I would rather deal with it on the first stage other than let the problem develop and worsen. Turns out there was no problem at all!
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2012 at 16:44
Surely there must be a way an owner car reset the puncture warning system.  Mine will fire off a warning, I check and adjust pressures and then reset the system using idrive and it goes away.  Minis don't have iDrive but there must be some method?

Did the light go out after the new tyre was fitted?

Who changed the tyre?  They might know a way of doing it, it is there game after all and they may have come across this before.

The tyre pressure system can throw their toys out the pram after fitting a new tyre, as the new tyre will have a larger rolling radii due to deeper tread than the others, sometimes the system needs resetting twice before it will behave.  Larger rolling radii will fool the system in thinking that another tyre is flat or lost pressure as its smaller rolling radii means it makes more revolutions and hence rotates faster.  System works by monitoring the rotational speeds of each wheel via the ASC/ABS sensors.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic