Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 1 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXenon headlamps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alant01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xenon headlamps
    Posted: 22-February-2011 at 10:26

I'm buying an 05-reg BMW 1 Series with "xenon" headlamps. I suppose this means only the dipped beams are Xenon but the main beams will just be regular halogen bulbs. Is this so?

If so, is it worth fitting high-intensity main beam bulbs, too? (e.g. Osram NightBreaker or Philips Xtreme).

I'd appreciate input from any 1 Series drivers with Xenon experience.

Sponsored Links

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2011 at 21:34
Welcome to the forum

Not too many 1er owners about but maybe one will drop by... I think you're right about the bulb configuration. Probably as well waiting until you've got some night driving under your belt in the new car before splurging on bulbs you might not need?
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2011 at 09:32
Yes, you are correct. Normal Halogen bulb for main beam, Bi Xenon also have halgen bulb, but only for flash purposes.

Personally I find it is always worth fitting one of the bulbs you mention.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
tower View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2011 at 18:26
Hi Alan,
I have a E88 with bi xenon and the set up is as above.agree with the above setiments about your choice of halogen bulbs.enjoy your new purchase
tower
alant01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alant01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2011 at 18:50

Thanks to all who have helped with replies - it's appreciated.

Alan

braklin View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2011 at 11:51
In a standard headlamp, there is a tiny bulb roughly the size and shape of a pen lid. It is in essence a bright version of the glow-lamp you would use in your house.
CAT65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2011 at 19:21
Yes agree with everyine - fit one of the bulbs you mention. Have fun with your new car
steffano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2012 at 14:41
wow! cool car Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic