Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGot a new car!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got a new car!
    Posted: 05-April-2010 at 22:46

Picked up a wee mini couple of weeks ago, ace fun I love it!

Daz

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 01:21
Very nice Daz enjoy your new purchase!

alym786 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alym786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 02:26
Looks stunning... Trying to convince the Mrs to buy one! 
E46 328ci now sold :(
coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 07:27

Very nice Daz!  

Keeping the M3 too i hope?

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 11:12

Nice Toy

But JC? After slating them so much?

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 11:18

Keeping the M3 for now, but another 4 month winter in RWD, no thanks, she'll be long gone... that combined with the bloody potholes destroying my alloys/spine/suspension I've had enough.  Jeep SRT8 with a ridiculously loud exhaust is the way forward.

WRT JC - Mini is a different experience altogether, different salesmen.

Daz

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 13:39
Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

Keeping the M3 for now, but another 4 month winter in RWD, no thanks, she'll be long gone... that combined with the bloody potholes destroying my alloys/spine/suspension I've had enough.  Jeep SRT8 with a ridiculously loud exhaust is the way forward.

Daz

Seriously? a Jeep? X5 surely

Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 13:44
Originally posted by coupe king coupe king wrote:

Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

Daz

Seriously? a Jeep? X5 surely

Been driving loads of different pickups and SUV's across the pond and love being let out at junctions and allowed to change lanes.  Getting tired of how BMW drivers are treated.  I shouldn't let it bother me but it does.  And the state of UK roads - enough said, have you seen Great Western Road?  It's like an assault course.

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 15:07

I hear you about the pot holes.....but a Jeep?

The SRT8 looks a lot more interesting to be fair!

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 18:17
nice car...they are a laugh
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 16:52

Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

nice car...they are a laugh

Yeh, great fun throwing it around the back roads and handy for nipping around town as well.

The gear change is very slick, steering sharp and responsive, I really have no complaints.  Wish I had bought one years ago.  This is a 2010 model, apparently they just revised it, I have not driven and older one before, but I'd imagine they are pretty similar drives.

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Black Betty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
You’ve took that too far man!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 18:50

the SRT 8 Jeep is some machine Daz, a few modded variants out here in dubai and they are scarry to say the least, much more fun than an ML55 AMG, the one I played in had some kinda upgraded intake and tune which was an additional 35BHP, totally nuts and amazing exhaust note, I say go for it, much less dinero than an X5/6M or Merc AMG

And congrats on the new arrival

Edited by Black Betty
2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 19:08

I was in Dubai in January, managed to pick up a 1/18th scale model of my M3 from an Exotic car stand in the Mall of the Emirates.  More importantly it was the same colour, something I had not been able to find in the UK or US.

Made the trip worthwhile, that and surfing in Wild Wadi, that was great fun!  The karting track was fantastic as well, way better than any karting I had done before.

I'll not be having lunch at the Burj Al Arab again though - £220!! 

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
M3 Cliff View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3 Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 22:06

Two hundred and twenty pounds? they've put it up twenty pounds since i went, 

Nice Mini btw!!

[IMG]http://bavarian-board.co.uk/uploads/Webdunk/cliffsig.jpg">
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 12:40
Originally posted by M3 Cliff M3 Cliff wrote:

Two hundred and twenty pounds? they've put it up twenty pounds since i went, 

Nice Mini btw!!

We made the mistake of ordering two drinks, hence 20 quid more, that and a completely worthless GBP

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
M3 Cliff View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3 Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 13:39

Did you find the meal good? I never knew what to order as i was rough so the chef made me a chicken tikka massala ( classy i know) It was green and terrible.

Did you go up to the sky view bar? four pound for a can of coke, good value eh!! 

Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 16:01

I didn't even want to go, it was totally for my girlfriend.

I knew I'd never get value for money at that inflated price, so tried to scoff all the caviar as a form of revenge.  Sadly they had no Beluga!  What a cheek...

The lunch was in the restaurant bit that sticks out at the top, is that the sky bar?  It had a name but I have forgotten what it was.

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
M3 Cliff View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3 Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 22:01

Yes mate that is the sky bar, you could see the world islands if you looked out to the right, I went up there after my lunch.

I had my tikka masala in the restaurant to the right hand side once you had reached the top of the esculator passing the large water feature in the middle of the entrance.

Where did you stay when you were across?  

Edited by M3 Cliff
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 22:47
Very nice Daz, love the colour. 

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2010 at 21:47

Cheers Bluebro!

Cliff we stayed at the Marriott down at the Marina, mental 3 bed suite, was bigger than our house, completely uneccessary, but it was a free upgrade.  I know heaps of folk that work out there so met up with them and got shown the sights each night.

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic