Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhere is everyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 15:45
Alan is your EvoII finished yet and if so lets see it
Sponsored Links

alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 22:59
Hi Gary, yea its finished now.

Wondering wether to put the split rims on it for the summer or to advertise it as i never use it or the E36 M3 either...
See you keeping the sport, happy days

Will get some piccies up shortly

Alan.
Darren M View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2010 at 20:37
Still here sometimes. E30 M3less, and still miss my old E30 M3's. Maybe someday I'll pick up a fully restored one again.
Now have a Z4 M Coupe

Edited by Darren M
Lancastrian View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 00:16
Originally posted by Lancastrian Lancastrian wrote:

Originally posted by grant w grant w wrote:

Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

I'm here.
So am I - except I don't

I'm here

I'm still here (now and then). Since the snow has gone and the weather is improving I have been spending more time working on the car rather than reading the forums. Winter projects are nearing completion. Probably have it back on the road just after Easter (unless there are any unforseen problems).

Well, I'm still here (now and then). Can't believe it was last March when I said last winter's projects were nearing completion.

Finally managed to get them completed and get out for a trackday at Oulton Park on 2nd November

Main change has been the installation of a newly (self)built 2.5 Sport Evo engine with new BMW crank, Arrow rods, JE pistons, Schrick/KK cams, Arrow shim under bucket followers, Carbon airbox and Maxx Alpha N (closed loop wideband O2).

Completed about 230 miles between 9:30 and 15:00 (when it started pi55ing down). I started the day with a very moderate rev limit,  increasing this a bit as the day went on.

Engine was less than 2 miles old at the start of the day and ran faultlessly straight out of the box and continued like that all day.

All I can say is that the straights at Oulton seemed somewhat shorter than they did before.

I am very pleased  

Only issues were with the brakes. Think I have some seriously warped disks. So that is another project (along with a number of others) for the coming winter

Peter

PS I suppose I should update my sig as the spec is pretty much confirmed now.

Edited by Lancastrian
E30 M3 Project - Specification TBC
Hoover View Drop Down
black beast with four legs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2010 at 19:28
nice to hear you again Peter and glad to see the cars together and working well.  got any pics mate?
88 E30 M3 fast(er than it was, ta Shep and Grant)

and a k8 2008 busa...faster still

(focus RS gone to good home - but never forgotton, eh Shep)
Nicola View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2010 at 21:47
I am here 

I have been living on the "Scotland" forum and decided to venture further afield for the evening.

Struggling to find wheels I can use on my E92 M3 as winter wheels. So far had 2 offers of wheels with good tyres therefore expensive. Seeing as I don't want the tyres I was hoping for a cheaper option. If you know of anyone with 18" that will fit my car then do point them my way.

Kind regards, Nicola

PS Delighted to see you are here too Gary. Missed not seeing your car at the weekend...something to look forward to in the spring.

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2010 at 22:11
It will be back on the road 1st April and I will take you out in it if you want

.......Remember it has 4 cylinders less than yours so don't expcect SS Enterprise speed... Coz the "dylithium crystals canny take anymore capin", the gyrospendix will be at full capacity
Nicola View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 00:25
What an offer! I have put the date in my diary. A car with class does
not need extra cylinders as it has so much heart instead. Took a
couple of super photos of Blackie this week...will try to post them up.
Nicola

UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2010 at 20:21

Originally posted by grant w grant w wrote:

Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

I'm here.
So am I - except I don't
I'm here

I'm still here (now and then). Since the snow has gone and the weather is improving I have been spending more time working on the car rather than reading the forums. Winter projects are nearing completion. Probably have it back on the road just after Easter (unless there are any unforseen problems).

Well, I'm still here (now and then). Can't believe it was last March when I said last winter's projects were nearing completion.

Finally managed to get them completed and get out for a trackday at Oulton Park on 2nd November

Main change has been the installation of a newly (self)built 2.5 Sport Evo engine with new BMW crank, Arrow rods, JE pistons, Schrick/KK cams, Arrow shim under bucket followers, Carbon airbox and Maxx Alpha N (closed loop wideband O2).

Completed about 230 miles between 9:30 and 15:00 (when it started pi55ing down). I started the day with a very moderate rev limit,  increasing this a bit as the day went on.

Engine was less than 2 miles old at the start of the day and ran faultlessly straight out of the box and continued like that all day.

All I can say is that the straights at Oulton seemed somewhat shorter than they did before.

I am very pleased  

Only issues were with the brakes. Think I have some seriously warped disks. So that is another project (along with a number of others) for the coming winter

Peter

PS I suppose I should update my sig as the spec is pretty much confirmed now.

Congrats Peter!
I was wondering how the build is coming along.
You know that there is now a WIDEband controlled MAXX version? Your current unit can be updated for reasonable money (think under £100) and will help A LOT with mapping.
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2010 at 23:25
Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

It will be back on the road 1st April and I will take you out in it if you want

oooooo thats favouritism Gary! Lucky you Nicola i have never had an offer like that from Gary! I just get..............'Get the burgers on wuman!!'

Im here too with my E46 M3

Nicola View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2010 at 16:02
I know, I am so excited! How are you recovering Issy?

Think Gary knows asking me to cook is fine as long as all the guys
take their turn too. I don't recommend it tho!

Nicola

Lancastrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2010 at 21:50

Thanks Uwe. I have tried to email you a couple of times (at the address you gave me) but got no reply. Thought I might have been consigned to the junk folder

I have the wide band controlled Maxx. It is absolutely magic. As far as I could tell it just ran smooth and clean right from the word go. And I was just using the straight forward base (mild tune) AFR map.

I guess if you got really out of the power band, ie wide throttle / low revs /wrong gear it pinged a bit but then I guess any motor would.

I really wanted to do some data logging at Oulton so I could see how much correction the MAXX was having to do from the fuel map, but I thought the laptop on the passenger seat might not go down too well with the authorities. 

It is not taxed or insured so can't take it on the road to mess with the tuning.

and just for Hoover, A few photos:

Where to start.

Well to protect those of a nervous disposition I have only included 2 shots from before the rebuild, They give a flavour of the task which was fairly straight forward but very messy.

The first two photos show the car as it was when I first saw it - and I went ahead and bought it.

Basically it was a sound but very grubby (understatement) rolling shell with some key bits and pieces missing. IE no engine, gearbox, propshaft, diff, interior trim or instruments. It did include the missing bumper and door.

I had a lot of the missing pieces from my previous Cecotto project. So the first phase was to strip it all down to a bare shell, clean everything, sort any rust etc and rebuild it into a viable car for fun use on the track - ie it did not have to look particularly pretty.

Some year or so after I started work on the project and with a standard 215BHP engine it was in a good enough state to appear on track at Cadwell Park (Summer 2009).

I did another few trackdays in 2009, including Donington Park - Toyo 888s and standard seats make for an interesting experience for the passenger (my nephew).

and then returned to Cadwell 12 months later, still with the 215 engine (not by plan, but engine building, which was going on at the same time, is a slow process - at least it is in my life). However, somewhere along the way I had found time to remove the red and white stripes from the front bumper.

After that I finished the new 2.5 engine and installed it.

The car is still not particularly pretty - the only paintwork that it has had from the the start of the project is a  bit of brushed on enamel underneath and inside and a few aerosols of diamond schwartz on the repaired scuttle and RH front wing (hence th orange peel effect)

A little bit of treasure picked up along the way. What I believe to be a full set of original leather SRDs - very slidy for track use, though.

That's about it for the moment. Not sure what is next on the agenda but brake upgrade seems likely as well as some further bodywork mods and possibly a respray.

Thanks to Hoover for the supply of a front wing and Uwe for the engine parts which formed the basis for the new 2.5 engine build. 

Edited by Lancastrian
E30 M3 Project - Specification TBC
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 19:39
Peter, the cheapest brake upgrade I can recommend is E32 735i calipers and the 300mm Merc disk.
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Hoover View Drop Down
black beast with four legs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2010 at 18:25
nice to see it uptogether peter - the 2.5 looks nice and tidy in there. its funny how they all are diffenent in similar ways - mine under hood looks the same, even with brake res hanging off strut tower
88 E30 M3 fast(er than it was, ta Shep and Grant)

and a k8 2008 busa...faster still

(focus RS gone to good home - but never forgotton, eh Shep)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic