Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAm A Criminal Again !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am A Criminal Again !
    Posted: 21-October-2009 at 09:31

Dammit ...

Am a criminal again .... pulled this morning .... 51 in a 100 mtr 30mph zone going out a village ... pulled by a jammer.

Said due to the excessive speed they could not issue a fixed penalty but instead had to write report to the procurator fiscal ....

Couldnt argue as I wasnt paying attention, I was paying attention to the roads, and making sure i stayed on them due to the rain .... but hey ho ... guilty as charged ....

... just incase I dont see you at Drem or Aberdeen you know why ...lol

6 points in 17 years .... and a get tugged for an oversight .... dammit ....

They asked .. "Did you not see us" ... a said no .. I was paying attention to the roads not what was going on behind me .... they mentioned the road conditions and being wet and slippy .... said it wasnt slippy ... so we will just have to see what happens...

Will keep you informed tho !

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Sponsored Links

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 09:38
Uh Oh !!
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 12:54

Bummer.

Aye anything over 49 in a 30 and you are up in front of the man with a wig.

I don't suppose you asked them to show you a valid calibration certificate for the radar they got you with?  Cheeky, I know but if they ain't got one they cannot prove the speed you were doing.  It used to work a few years ago, don't know about these days.

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:25

Hi

Andrew: No didnt ask for anything like that .. when I got in the back of plod car I handed over my license and he was surprised I had it on me ..lol

Basically he said you know you were speeding, I said that I wasnt sure as I was paying attention to the road ahead, adn not monitoring my speedo, but also said if you said I was then I must have been.

He said that he wasnt going to lecture me but asked if i had anthing to say, to which i replied nope, sorry.

He was scribbling some things down in a wee book tho. It was then he said that due to the "excessive" speed that it would have to go on report and sent to to the Proc, I just agreed with what he said.

So, here is the confusing part though now that I have had time to think ... he didnt give me ANY paperwork, nor did he ask me to sign anything ....nor did he "caution" me about anything .... shouldnt he have given me some sort of record to say that I had been stopped?

Anyway, am not saying I wasnt speeding and will deal with what comes up, its just a major PITA because I dont know whats coming next ... still ... have to wait and see eh.

For teh record, called DVLA ... Ive got a SP50 from 21st Jan 07 on my license and thats it .... no bad for 17 yrs !

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:28
They have 6 months to serve you with the paperwork. Mine got hand delivered by two PCs with 2 days to go back when I was a yoof
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:32
lol ... so its a waiting game then ...

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:43

I don't know Steve, Gary is the man to ask.  Haven't seen him on here for a while. 

He must be to busy catching crims and locking them up, oh wait a minute....

I would have thought you would hear in 28 days or so.

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:45

yeah wait n see ... i called gary but went to voice so have sent a txt to see whats likely to happen from here.

IF a get banned a might have to garage car and fit a turbo to it then ! lol

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:45
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

I don't know Steve, Gary is the man to ask.  Haven't seen him on here for a while.

His pooter is borked. Too much pR0n. He's trying to get it sorted at the mo...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:46

Just noticed Dunc thread...6 months... that's some wait! 

A friend also got his paperwork delivered by plod at the door step.  Pity he hadn't told his mum and dad prior to the old bill turning up.  He got a right shouting for that.

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:48

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

His pooter is borked. Too much pR0n

Would a new keyboard not fix that?

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 13:50

lol .....

[edit] Just notices the banner advert above the posts ... Dangerous Driving Law Experts ...lol ... quite apt eh .... lol

Edited by HairyHaggis

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 14:39

Heres the wee section if anyones interested ...

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 17:24
Originally posted by HairyHaggis HairyHaggis wrote:

Dammit ...

Am a criminal again .... pulled this morning .... 51 in a 100 mtr 30mph zone going out a village ... pulled by a jammer.

YA NUMPTY..............

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 19:35

Ah dear, mrs haggis won't be too impressed!lol.

Better get the push bike out of the shed....

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 20:20

These convictions will surely clean our streets up and stop our grannies being mugged by junkies??

The world is now a safer place - NOT!!!  

Go catch some actual criminals, just think of it as what it really is, yet another tax on the motorist.

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 20:22

Oops.

Will be a plead guilty by letter job i reckon. Unless you are contesting the charge or were caught broadslide i doubt you'll actually have to appear before m'lud. Never been there though so not 100% 
Added to the SP50 from 2007 your insurance company will be rubbing their hands come renewal time though.

Think you've got yours wires crossed about the 30mph zone though Bro. It starts where your yellow line is on the left of the aerial shot right enough but continues right along to the junction then both North to where the B922 box is and South to where the 100yds scale is in the bottom corner of the pic.

It's a bummer though regardless. Mine stops in the garage all week for fear of the same happening to me. Keep us posted how things progress.

Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 20:47

I did a check tonight ....

There is ZERO signs along the road between my yello lines .... however .... right hand line go up the hill in both directions and there is ONE single 30mph sign on drivers side about 300 yrds from roundabout, and same up hill other way, but other than that not one single sign or road paint telling the limit.

Going to other way however is a different matter.

See what happens, all a can do at this time.

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
BigSix View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 21:16
Hairy Haggis the procurator fiscal may change the charge to dangerous driving as what they did with me, but I would speak with Gary as he might give you some pointers, he should have caution'd you plus what was the charge, sp30 ? you'll get a letter via the postman to appear, just hope it's the district court that you have to go to
hennabm View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennabm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 21:34

If there is only one sign showing the start of the 30mph then that is not legal. There must ALWAYS be two large signs showing the start of any limit. This also applies to temp limits in roadworks etc.
If there is only one sign then it is not a legally enforcable limit. If you don't believe me check out the ABD website and this info is in there.

It was also illegal to have repeater signs for 30mph, the distance between lampp osts dictating that it is a continuing 30mph limit, although I do believe that this may have changed recently.

Best of luck.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic