Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW X Power (4x4 BMWs)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedX5 Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meaners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X5 Question
    Posted: 18-October-2009 at 22:04

Hi guys,

I am hesitantly looking at an X5 due to pending family increases and my 5-Series has died..... i am looking at a 06 3.0D Sport (E53 type). I do not like the standard alloys and want to put on 20" Lemans type wheels (technically called 20" V spoke style 168 alloy wheels on BMW site).... these came on the "Le Mans" models and also as an option on the exectutive model i think..... I am being told that there were extended wheel arches on these models to fit the wheels....there does seem to be some difference when i look at the two models (the trim seems to extend out further) . My question is whether i can fit these 20" alloys on a standard X5? My second question is whether there is Wheel Arch extension for the E53 that i could retro fit or would i need to replace the whole trim? Funnily, there would seem to be a wheel arch extension for the E70 which i am unsure why this is needed.  Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic