Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMeet with N.E Region - Photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meet with N.E Region - Photos
    Posted: 04-October-2009 at 21:38

Here are some of the snaps I took today, good to meet some of the N/E guys turned up for it .... and had some good chat .... welcome up over the border to meet us any time .... or let us back to drive that A7 again .... niiiice

Others will come ... am just finished for the night now.

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Sponsored Links

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2009 at 22:02
one from me

ploads/muppet2/bmwcc_keilder_09_004.JPG">

Not up to Haggis's standard.

Good day today , hope the run down was OK with me leading
(I do drive like a granny) and my sense of direction (
just the once round the roundabout Sir).

Good chat and big photo shoot.

I enjoyed the run up the road followed by Onno and
Fluffnik.. (where did everyone else go). Fluffnick peeled
of to head up an interesting road back to Edinburgh and
Onno rather than heading home when we were near to biggar
decided to head for Moffat!!! home he found his way home

Edited by muppet 2
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 10:08
Today's meet was a joint meet, with our friends from the North East (England) Region, at the Boat Inn Restaurant, Leaplish Waterside Park, near Kielder.
Once again we were blessed with a nice sunny day for our meet - roof-down motoring for the zedders (I actually got burnt). However, it did go overcast and showery when we did the photos.

With the nice background of the Kielder Water, we decided just to park the cars on the boat ramp rather than move to another location (see photos below)

On the way back for some mad reason I followed the TomTom route and lead the group back via Jedburgh and the A68 - what a nightmare with speed cameras (I'm sure some of them are illegal as they were hidden behind trees/bushes?)
The only good bit was the new Dalkeith bypass which cuts a fair bit of the journey.

A big thanks to everyone for another great meeting.

Waiting for the NEs

3 Zeds

3 Red 3s

Plan A - we were going to line the cars up in rows for the group shot...

Plan B - we finally went for the semi-circle group shot

Group Hug

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 11:59
Is that Fergus I see in the piccies? Not seen him for aaaaagggeeesss!
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 12:10
Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Is that Fergus I see in the piccies? Not seen him for aaaaagggeeesss!

Yep that was Fergus in the X5, driven by his brother Adam

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 12:13
Good to see he was out. Hope he can make some more meets going forward.
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 12:42

Neil, I will get your photos done tonight, and post them up for you ;)

Whats your screen resolution?

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 16:18

Good effort troups

Was gutted i had to work as that place is ace

Looks like you had loads of room on the day also to move around,so thats a plus considering the location is so popular

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 16:55
Good photos as per usual lads.

We had a fab time at this yesterday, Steph enjoyed the driving and I enjoyed being cheuffered, until Jed on the way back.  Good to see you all again, and thanks to those who arranged it

Just a few pics  from me, the ones I thought were good....

En route...

Homeward bound...

Roll on next meet
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 17:58
Good to see everyone else's (great) photos and their take on the day.

I've done a page on BMWCCScotland - http://www.bmwccscotland.co.uk/meets/2009/oct/kielder09.html

Some of the photos are also on Flickr -BMWCC October 09 Monthly Meet - Kielder

flying dutchman View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 19:45

Thanks everyone for a great meet with fantasic views and even greater pictures. Must say the drive to Kielder was to slow with GRANDAD Muppet (fast enough for a old bloke)up front, but I did enjoy the extra lap around the roundabout. And I did not go to Moffat there was an other cut off about 1 mile up the road anyway it was his fault because he told me when I turn off you just go straight on (your muppet).I loved the roads must do it again sometime.

See you all soon

The Flyingdutchman having fun
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 21:58

Like everyone else i had an enjoyable day.
Some great roads down. Thank's to Sandy and his navigator for leading the way.  Left to my own devices i'd have been looking for that place still.
The venue itself was a nice setting and the food was fine if a bit top heavy on the jalapeno peppers  I paid the price for that this morning
I was going to follow Sandy & co up the road as they'd found a decent looking route but it would have meant i'd have been on my own after Hawick so i reverted to plan B and followed Neil up the road which as stated was an orderly plod up the A68 due to it being a breeding ground for speed cameras. Some interesting overtaking on route but the less said about that the better

Won't be at Aberdeen so see you at the AGM if your going.

P.S Nice pics above guys. If you don't Haggis i might pinch that one of mine?

Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
baur320 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baur320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2009 at 23:00

Sorry we didn't quite make it, but I'm pleased to see that everything went well.

Front spring snapped on the A68, luckily near a pub so we could get lunch, but unluckily the recovery truck couldn't carry all the passengers, so we had to wait another hour for a one that could.

Mick

Current E30 325i, E36 M3 Evo,
Previous E21 320/4, E9 3.0 CSA, E12 525, E30 320i, E28 528i, E34 535is, E30 318i, E28 525e, E30 325i Touring, E30 Baur 327i
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic