Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE36 M3 HEAD LIGHT QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E36 M3 HEAD LIGHT QUESTION
    Posted: 14-August-2009 at 23:10
Hi guys, i recently bought a 1998 m3 evo coupe, unfortunetly there is after market headlights in it that i do not like at all, there angel eyes with leds and indicator and lamp are on piece...
I went to swap today with a guy wit a 1996 either 316 or 318 coupe, driver side was no problem but passenger side was, when i fitted the p/s side head lamp from the  height adjustment unit was wedget against the duct going to airbox on my m3, and putting a lot of pressure on lamp, i had to use his lamp and adjuster unit as i have no unit on the angel eye led dirt thats on it..
Is the height adjuster a different size om m3 compared to standard coupe?
Help appreciated

Edited by kenc
Sponsored Links

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2009 at 13:34
Originally posted by kenc kenc wrote:

when i fitted the p/s side head lamp from the  height adjustment unit was wedget against the duct going to airbox on my m3, and putting a lot of pressure on lamp, i had to use his lamp and adjuster unit as i have no unit on the angel eye led dirt thats on it..
Is the height adjuster a different size om m3 compared to standard coupe?

Perhaps if you could word your question more clearly we could give more help.

From what I understand, you're saying you don't have a headlight adjuster on the n/s light? I believe coupes/convertibles are the same but saloons/tourings are different - at least the indicators are. Is the airbox standard? If not then there's your problem.

Try this site - http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/ Just enter your chassis number & you'll find the part number there.

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

kenc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2009 at 14:00
i have no adjusters as the oem head lights were replaced by stupid after market lights, the after market ones are a one piece light, i.e there is not a seperate indicator lamp...
my mates car is a coupe, he wants my after market lights so we were to swap, when i put his oem bosch headlights in the passenger side headlight height adjustment motor or module is wedged against the duct coming up to air box, light has to be forced in and it squeezing the duct pipe, and putting savage preesure on headlight and on adjuster unit..
i tried to turn the adjuster but it only fits the one way into the head light.
i checked my mates coupe 316/ 318 and his air box and ducting is completly different.. thats why i am wondering is there a different shape or size height adjuster on m3 models or are the headlights different oon m3 coupe to a normal coupe?
Thanks for help
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2009 at 09:37
The M3 airbox will be different to the standard coupe's. See what the Parts Catalogue says for his car & compare it to yours.

There must be some way of adjusting the after market stuff. I know the ones you mean & can understand why you'd want to get rid of them.
AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic