Forum LockedFS - "BMW" REG PLATE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS - "BMW" REG PLATE
    Posted: 05-July-2009 at 11:41

L 8MW A

Just bought a new reg for the car  and i'm selling this one. It's not on retention yet as I'm waiting on the paper work coming through. Couple of days then I think it takes 7-14 days to go on retention. The price will include the transfer fee also.

I'm putting it on the forum before I use Ebay.
Any Offers ?

You'll also be able to contact me by PM

<edit contact details>

Edited by thepits

Gone but not forgotten..
Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2009 at 13:02

May I just add something from the DVLA website...

"It is an offence to alter, rearrange or misrepresent letters or numbers in order to form names or words or in such a way that makes it difficult to read the registration number. Characters must not be moved from one block to the other e.g. AB51 DVL, must not be displayed as AB5 1DVL or AB 51DVL. Vehicles with illegally displayed number plates may FAIL the MoT test. The police can also issue fixed penalty fines for illegally displayed number plates. Offenders are liable to a MAXIMUM FINE of £1,000 and in some cases the mark may be withdrawn."

Also, with the increased use of ANPR "they" are getting very hot on this now, so "Caveat Emptor!"

(to mis-quote admin)

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2009 at 17:07

Its the latest issue fixed penalty scam :

Watch yourselves boys, our overzealous government are determined to monitor us all.

Taken from pistonheads :

In addition to the re-instatement of MOT check on VRM Plates thought you maybe interested in this which I spotted in current edition of Police Review, the official journal of BritPol.

Agreed by NPIA, ACPO, DVLA and ANPR,a new system started last week where if Plod pulls you for a 'dicky' number plate they will send a photo of the plate with a short form to DVLA.

The driver of the offending vehicle has 28 days to fix the defect and send a photo to DVLA to prove it has been done.

Those that do not comply will have their VRM revoked by DVLA and details fed onto ANPR intelligence.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&am p;am p;t=708729&mid=137240&nmt=Dicky%20VRM%20plate?%20-%2 0You%20have%20been%20warned

Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic