Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - E30 M3 S14 delivery bhp ,chassis number specific?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 M3 S14 delivery bhp ,chassis number specific?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbsrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E30 M3 S14 delivery bhp ,chassis number specific?
    Posted: 04-July-2009 at 23:48

Hi All,

How can I find out what BHP my E30 M3 was supplied with from new .I dont know if my car is 195 or 200 or 215 and if it was supplied with a catalytic conv or not when new .My E30 M is a Euro spec M3 supplied new by bmw Japan and first registered in July 1989 , a search on realoem.com puts the production month as febuary 1988 so I was thinking it would be 200bhp giving that Japan didnt require catalytic converters on cars back then but when I was searching cylinder head part numbers it showed up cylinder head p/n for national version Japan as 11121309891 which i was thinking may be a 215bhp head .Anyways is there anyway I can find out definite info on my engines delivery spec bhp using solely the VIN  without getting part numbers off of the cars components .If anyone has access to the info the last 7 digits of my VIN are 1893765.

Cheers ,

BBSRS.

Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2009 at 11:15

Hi there, and welcome to another E30 M3 daily driver

When I wanted the original specification for mine I posted the query here and with a very short while I had all the detail I needed.

Give it a whirl, if you need help then PM UweM3 , he's your best bet.

Good Luck. 

Edited by thepits
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
grant w View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grant w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2009 at 12:01
Originally posted by bbsrs bbsrs wrote:

Hi All,

How can I find out what BHP my E30 M3 was supplied with from new .I dont know if my car is 195 or 200 or 215 and if it was supplied with a catalytic conv or not when new .My E30 M is a Euro spec M3 supplied new by bmw Japan and first registered in July 1989 , a search on realoem.com puts the production month as febuary 1988 so I was thinking it would be 200bhp giving that Japan didnt require catalytic converters on cars back then but when I was searching cylinder head part numbers it showed up cylinder head p/n for national version Japan as 11121309891 which i was thinking may be a 215bhp head .Anyways is there anyway I can find out definite info on my engines delivery spec bhp using solely the VIN  without getting part numbers off of the cars components .If anyone has access to the info the last 7 digits of my VIN are 1893765.

Cheers ,

BBSRS.

M3 1986 - 1989 195 BHP ( CAT ) .

1891001 -   1894694    3693 MADE .
AE0000   -   AE40899   40899 MADE .

Hope this helps .

Edited by grant w

www.redevom3.co.uk
1989 e30 m3 2.5
1996 e36 m3 evo , sold
2002 e46 m3 smg .
1991 Daihatsu 2.8 TD Work Horse
Rust Never Sleeps . Tattooed Lady - Bearded Baby - there my family ..
bbsrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbsrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2009 at 13:29

thepits,

thanks for the link ,its in german though, is there an english section on that site ?

Grant W,

Cheers for the info ,My vin fits into that bracket of production but since it was sent to japan it may have some slight differences .

Thanks ,

Liam   

UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2009 at 09:45
Any BMW dealer is able to print you the build sheet of your car if you tell them your VIN No. No big deal or secret. Unless they are lazy....

BTW this is FREE OF CHARGE! Maybe a small donation in the coffe machine will help
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2009 at 12:57
Originally posted by UweM3 UweM3 wrote:

Any BMW dealer is able to print you the build sheet of your car if you tell them your VIN No. No big deal or secret. Unless they are lazy.... 
I thought that UK dealers could only get this information for UK registered vehicles - at least that was the case when I asked mine for details of my German registered M3.

But don't care.
bbsrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbsrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2009 at 13:55

I'll ask and let you know what the stealers say.

bbsrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbsrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2009 at 14:13

After some searching and posting on various forums ,///M Terr over on S14.net supplied me with this info on the control unit," the Bosche DME number should be 0261.200.071 for the 195/200hp cars and 0261.200.091 for the 215 hp cars" and I noticed while looking at the ECU it says ece/kat on it so I've got a 195bhp with kat produced in 04/1988 in zinnober red .

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2009 at 01:15

Thats nice...

Now, rid your M3 and M5 of thier AFM's. Stunning things start happening then :D

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
Lancastrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2009 at 20:56
Originally posted by SHEPSM3 SHEPSM3 wrote:

Thats nice...

Not the least of which is that your pockets start emptying of money.  

E30 M3 Project - Specification TBC
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2009 at 21:17
Originally posted by Lancastrian Lancastrian wrote:

Thats nice...

Well, if you stop at removing the AFM and fitting the Unichip, not only will you gain a good chunk of power and torque right across the rev range, you will also get a much nicer driving car with much better throttle response. You will start getting your money back straight away with much better fuel economy too :)

Now, once you are used to that, we find people want more :D and thats where your wallet can start to empty

Edited by SHEPSM3
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
bbsrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbsrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2009 at 22:02
I will be lightening my pockets down in circuit motors at some stage when my work picks up again!! Soon hopefully .
andyclient View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyclient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2009 at 12:40

Using this link your car production date is 1988/04 (not when registered) which puts it in the 195 era

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

regards Andy

01 E46 320d Touring
88 E30 M3 Sadly Gone
93 E36 325 TD Gone but still going
87 E30 Hartge 325 (gone but not forgotten)
bbsrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbsrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2009 at 13:24

Cheers Andy ,

I've gathered up quite a bit of info now from bmw archives and other forums like this one so I now know what I have and where to start tuning.

Thanks for the info,

Liam.

Hoover View Drop Down
black beast with four legs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2009 at 17:25

Thats nice...

Well, if you stop at removing the AFM and fitting the Unichip, not only will you gain a good chunk of power and torque right across the rev range, you will also get a much nicer driving car with much better throttle response. You will start getting your money back straight away with much better fuel economy too :)

Now, once you are used to that, we find people want more :D and thats where your wallet can start to empty

88 E30 M3 fast(er than it was, ta Shep and Grant)

and a k8 2008 busa...faster still

(focus RS gone to good home - but never forgotton, eh Shep)
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2009 at 19:13

Originally posted by Hoover Hoover wrote:

Thats nice...Now, rid your M3 and M5 of thier AFM's. Stunning things start happening then :D
Well, if you stop at removing the AFM and fitting the Unichip, not only will you gain a good chunk of power and torque right across the rev range, you will also get a much nicer driving car with much better throttle response. You will start getting your money back straight away with much better fuel economy too :) Now, once you are used to that, we find people want more :D and thats where your wallet can start to empty

is that an "Un-biased" opinion Nick?

err,  "88 E30 M3 fast(er than it was, ta Shep)" obviously not.

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
Hoover View Drop Down
black beast with four legs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2009 at 13:25
could be simon...could be even better...whatch this space mate!
88 E30 M3 fast(er than it was, ta Shep and Grant)

and a k8 2008 busa...faster still

(focus RS gone to good home - but never forgotton, eh Shep)
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2009 at 17:14
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

I thought that UK dealers could only get this information for UK registered vehicles - at least that was the case when I asked mine for details of my German registered M3.

It's a BMW database, shouldn't matter what country the car is now. Has your dealer really looked into it or does he just wanted to get rid of you?
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2009 at 21:36

It's a BMW database, shouldn't matter what country the car is now. Has your dealer really looked into it or does he just wanted to get rid of you?
When I first got the M3 I went into the local BMW dealer that I had been using for years, but they were only able to help with UK Registered cars, and as my E30 M3 was built, and registered, in Germany they were -at that time - unable to help.

Perhaps it has changed now and they have access to the global BMW registration database and not just the UK?

They certainly weren't trying to "get rid of me" - considering the amount of money they had - and continue to have - off me ....

or was that meant to be a joke?

But don't care.
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2009 at 07:47

They certainly weren't trying to "get rid of me" - considering the amount of money they had - and continue to have - off me ....

or was that meant to be a joke?

that comment was not meat as a joke. Sometimes people are just too lazy or can't be bothered to put a little bit more effort in. My mate at BMW dealer in Germany was able to print all the details of my UK registered 5 series without problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic