Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > Adverts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FS - Multi-function M-Sport steering wheel (E31, E34, E36, early E39)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFS - Multi-function M-Sport steering wheel (E31, E34, E36, early E39)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS - Multi-function M-Sport steering wheel (E31, E34, E36, early E39)
    Posted: 03-June-2009 at 22:22
This is a rare multi-function M-Sport steering wheel, including the clock spring (wiring thing with connectors) but no airbag. It works with the same standard airbag as the non multi-function version of this wheel, so it's a straight upgrade if you already have the non-MF version of the wheel. The airbags are easy enough to find separately too.

This style of wheel is quite common on later E38 and E39 models, but beware that most of them don't fit the E36, E31, E34 or earlier versions of the E38 and E39. The reason being that BMW changed to a dual stage airbag on later cars, meaning that the airbag won't work.. They also changed the design of the steering wheel itself, moving the clock spring (wiring part) onto the car rather than the rear of the steering wheel. It took me a while to find this style of wheel in the single-stage airbag design that works on the E36 (and E31), but I've since had a change of plans so it's never been fitted to my car and still sits in the box that I got it in.

I'm looking for £100 ono for it, plus £10 delivery or collection. Bargain for a wheel that looks like new, yet will cost ~£400 from BMW!

Please bear in mind that there is no airbag included. If you have the same shape of wheel (but the non-multifunction version) then the airbag will swap right over. If not, you'll have to source one seperately, which should be easy enough as there are plenty of non-multifunction versions of this M-sport wheel around.

Bigger pictures available on request.

Edited by Paul_540i
540i 6-speed manual (sold)

840Ci 6-speed manual (sold)

318is (sold)

Yamaha R1 (sold)
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic