Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 ///M3 owners...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: E30 ///M3 owners...
    Posted: 03-January-2003 at 20:16

okay i'm pretty new to this forum, but frequently travel to others, anyway i have had my e30 M3 for a year now and i have met about 30 like minded owners (eg: complete nutters), i see there are a few on here i've never met/heard of before, shall we make a list of owners in this thread?

for starters, i'm simon aka m3geezer, own a white 1991 m3, fairly modded, 28 years old and come from near the south coast (brighton area)

anyone else care to share details? i do arrange various activities for e30 m3 owners and would like to include some new faces.(iwill be joining the car club in the next week or so)

Sponsored Links

Jim Bo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2003 at 14:04

Hi Simon,

My name is James and I own a 1988 Evo2 in Misano Red - 49,000 miles, bog standard... for now.

I live in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

See you Friday

PS: Isn't Brighton the "gay capital" of England???

John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2003 at 16:10
You know me, Simon.

I'm John, 29, live in Newcastle upon Tyne which certainly isn't the gay capital of England.

I have 2 M3s. My road car is a 1990 standard-ish car in Brilliant red. It has all the electric bits and air-con with standard suspension, so town driving is fine.

My track car/Sunday best motor is a 1990 Sport Evo, also in Brilliant red. It has a half cage, harnesses, adjustable suspension and I love it. I want to put in AP Racing brakes and replace the ECU for a bit more shove.

Come on then, lads/lasses, show us yours!!
John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

pottsy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2003 at 12:04

Hi Simon with the White M3 at bexleys - I'm the other simon with a white M3 at Bexleys. Hail from Sunderland (definitely not gay although t shirts on a winter's saturday night roond toon are a must) but now in Hertford.

James - watch that silver police Scooby round your way - especially along that great skipton road.

1990 Evo 2 (well 215bhp motor anyway) schnitzer mirrors

• sport adj spoilers f&r
  • strut brace
  • proper brake hoses
  • brake cooling ducts
  • sports seats
  • 1/2 cage
  • top mounts
  • schnitzer suspension all round with adj roll bars
  • Dunlop Formula Rs
  • Staright thru exhaust (well it has a back box.....)

Haway the Lads
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3ae1a1ee/bc/car+stuff/Vodaphone+M3+@+Silverstone.jpg?
m3geezer View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2003 at 18:02
yeah thanks jimbo, i live far enough away from brighton to not be involved with that type of stuff. <SCRIPT> window.open=NS_ActualOpen; orig_onload = window.onload; orig_onunload = window.onunload; window.onload = noopen_load; window.onunload = noopen_unload;
jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2003 at 22:17

I'm Jason, 30 and a half, live in Buckingham until the girlie persuades me to get a place with her in Oxford and can't get them pictures to work but here's a linkhttp://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/jason_boud/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos/M3+related+stuff&.src=ph&.dnm=more+m3.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/jason_boud/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos/M3%2brelated%2bstuff%26.src=ph%26.view=t

which may or may not work?! It's a pretty standard non evo henna red (oh alright it's orange) model which I brought back from Holland with me nearly 3 years and 60k odd miles ago. Hopefully it will magic itself into a shiney black sport evo by the end of the month... (must be bought before she spends the money on a house!) Have got a caterham for track days but I'm pretty sure the evo will end up on at least one track this year - Donnington more than likely.

Ricc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2003 at 13:02
Hello all - most of you already know me from other UK and US sites but for those that don't I'm Ricc from NW London and have a black sport evo with 46,000 kms which is totally standard.  Looking forward to meeting you all when they stop putting all the bloody salt on the roads
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2003 at 20:08

http://members.roadfly.com/garymorgan/rear.JPG

Hi most of you know me ,as my name say's i'm Gary from just outside Glasgow 34 years old & own a black Sport Evolution ,with 170,000kms on the clock.That does'nt tell the hole story though, as it has had a full top/bottom engine rebiuld from BMW 6 months ago.

mark m power View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2003 at 00:32

hi im from belfast ni have a totally standard 1990 m3 215bhp car bought recently in warrington 106000 miles  and a uk supplied car from new any one no how many uk cars there were supplied like it a lot pity it wasnt a bit quicker but can still show up most modern hot hatches also have a 50000 mile 1985 m6 am trying to find out more about it as well

many thanks mark
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2003 at 19:47
Quote: Originally posted by mark m power on 09-January-2003

hi im from belfast ni have a totally standard 1990 m3 215bhp car bought recently in warrington 106000 miles  and a uk supplied car from new any one no how many uk cars there were supplied like it a lot pity it wasnt a bit quicker but can still show up most modern hot hatches also have a 50000 mile 1985 m6 am trying to find out more about it as well

Any chance you could make that just a wee bit smaller, Mark I've got a headache now(lol)

m3geezer View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2003 at 20:49

mark,  mine is a uk car and it must have been one of the very last into the country as the vin number is pretty damn close to the end of european production. anyway the figures you request are:

1987 55 m3's

1988 58 m3's

1989 62 m3's, 19 cabs

1990 36 m3's. 13 cabs, 38 sport evo's

that makes a total of 211 m3's, 32 cabs, 38 sport evos

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2003 at 08:34

I wonder how many have been brought in since (or indeed gone the other way?!), released from our European brethren? I'm responsible for one!

I'd like to change my details as of saturday I'll be the owner of a black Sport Evo of Italian descent and will be handing my Dutch born non evo to Nigel Moseley 

Roll on tomorrow...

MarkD View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2003 at 10:18
Jaseb

Did you manage to find out the history on that Sport Evo? Also what sort of trade in price did Nigel give you for your current car?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep my current 87 car and keep tweeking it or sell it later this year and start looking for a decent Spt Evo next year.

Mark
SteveJ View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2003 at 11:58

Hi I'm Steve

I live in Hampshire, 46 years old (am I the oldest E30 M3 owner). mine is 87 in standard condition with stainless exhaust. 113000 kms. I've owned it for 3 years and only use it at weekends.

I want to change the airbox to the evo type, I need a new ECU (can anyone help me on these two), and will then get it re-mapped at bexley's.

Luckily my wife enjoys it as well but she is not keen on me doing a track day, I'll just have to persevere with the persuasion.

Steve

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2003 at 12:45

Mark

Apparently the previous owner is in Barbados working (must be tough at the top!) and the car has a full Italian dealer history which is at his brothers in Banbury so I should be able to get my hands on it when it's convenient - couldn't wait that long so have taken a little flier, pretty certain Nigel wouldn't sell me a pup so the risk is minimal. I won'tbe in a rush to get rid of it! The red one has seen me through 3 years and 60k miles so I'm pretty hooked. He's given me £4.5k on my car which I thought was fair and saves me the grief of selling it privately, so that coupled with a very keen loan from Cahoot and away we go!

Steve

Nigel at Moseley sourced me an ECU, he may be ableto help you?!

MarkD View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2003 at 13:05
Jaseb

Looks like you've found a nice condition Evo Sport for sensible money - something of a rarity these days!!

As for the main theme of this thread:

I'm mark, 36, living in Surrey at present (pending my move back to Edinburgh sometime soon) driving a 1987 model in Diamond Black with the full Evo 2 look plus BBS RS wheels, upgraded suspension and brakes, Matter made/installed Rollcage (from when it was in Germany) Sabelt harness belts and a couple of AC Schnitzer items as well. As for the engine I don' t know if it's been modified - the exhaust certainly isn't stock, and it sounds wonderful going through tunnels with 6,500rpm+ on the tacho!

Mark
jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2003 at 20:14
Got it and it's damn shiney
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2003 at 21:41
Quote: Originally posted by jaseb on 11-January-2003
Got it and it's damn shiney
Post some pic's then,don't keep us in suspenders!!!!!!!.Well done mate, you must be chuffed
jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2003 at 17:34
Will post some pics soon,but I have to admiyt Gary, it looks very similar to yours! That and I've been driving around and got it all dirty...
m3geezer View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2003 at 18:02
Quote: Originally posted by SteveJ on 10-January-2003

I want to change the airbox to the evo type, I need a new ECU (can anyone help me on these two), and will then get it re-mapped at bexley's.

Luckily my wife enjoys it as well but she is not keen on me doing a track day, I'll just have to persevere with the persuasion.

Steve

around the middle of february i will have a ecu with an aftermarket chip or std chip, choice is yours and all of the intake system, i can split it, the airbox is the evo one with a ITG foam filter which is only a couple of months old. my car is having a MBE aftermarket ecu fitted by nigel at bexleys.

give me a call on 07788 423391 if interested.

<SCRIPT> window.open=NS_ActualOpen; orig_onload = window.onload; orig_onunload = window.onunload; window.onload = noopen_load; window.onunload = noopen_unload;
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic