Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE60 Bluetooth and Nokia E51 phonebook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E60 Bluetooth and Nokia E51 phonebook
    Posted: 21-April-2009 at 08:24

I've just changed my job and have been given a new Nokia E51 company mobile.  It's bluetooth and so is my E60.  First time in the car I got it conencted and was able to use the iDrive to make a phone call. 

As the phone was split new I didn't have any contacts in the phone so I just used the iDrive to dial the number using the Communication Interface.

Last night I went to make a phonecall and went to the A-Z phone book listing in the Communication Interface and was suprised to see that it was empty.  The iDrive screen should be now displaying the contents of the mobile phones address book but it wasn't.

My old company phone was an ancient Blackberry which conencted fine and displayed the contents of my phonebook under the A-Z phone book listing in the Communication Interface.

I spent ages making sure that everything on the phone was set to 'on' and 'active' etc.  I've got phone numbers stored in the phone and in the sim but it made no difference this morning, there was no phone numbers listed in the A-Z phone book.

The phone is Bluetooth version 2.0. 

Is my car too old to cope with the new phone?

Can anyone shed any light?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2009 at 08:46

Just checked on the BMW website.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bluetooth/compatibility/0,,1156__ _,00.html

They don't list a Nokia E51!

Some of the other Nokias they do list state that on X3 models etc you don't get "phonebook transfer" which sounds like is my problem.

I'll check with my local dealer, unless anyone else can confirm that I've not got phonebook transfer?

Andrew

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
port View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2009 at 20:44

Hi,

I have paired e51 to 2008 520d but contacts have not transfered to idrive screen.

I appreciate any advice on how to upload contacts data.I've had two phone fitters try but no success.

Is there an adaptor available for e51 for armrest cradle?

Thanks in advance.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2009 at 09:06

I don't think you can do it.

The car and the phone are not fully compatible.  I suspect you cannot do this for certain makes of phone.  When you look at my link above BMW state that not everything is transferable from all models of phones.

You will need to ask your dealer if there is a cradle for the phone but as it is bluetooth it doesn't need hard wired to the car.  You can buy a car charger for the phone if you need to charge it when in the car.

Andrew

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
port View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2009 at 10:01
Thanks Andrew.
ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2009 at 20:05

Andrew, if it's any help I would just set your new phone to call divert whilst using the car & use your old phone in the car?

Any incoming calls would be transferred to your old phone in the car, plus you could still access your contacts that way too?

E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

jamsieboi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamsieboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2009 at 20:33
I have a Nokia E50 which had the same problems with the contacts although it was through a Parrot hands free kit.

Got a new company car and the guy came out to fit the handsfree and got it all working.

Steps:

Go to contacts
>select options
>select mark/unmark
>select mark all
>select options
>select send
>select Via bluetooth
>select appropriate device

Hope it works for you I had assumed that the phone was not compatible.

It takes a few seconds while the phone converts the contacts to business cards before it lets you select a bluetooth device so give it a chance.

Edited by jamsieboi

ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2009 at 00:24
^^^^^^^^
E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2009 at 09:46

Ally

Can't use old phone as I was a previous company I no longer work for.

Jamiesboi

Thanks for that.

When I bought my car the car displayed someone called "Liz" phone number in the car so there must be a way of storing them in the car's memory.  But playing with the idrive I cannot find this.  Will try the transfer thingie.

Andrew

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic