Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRear electric windows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear electric windows
    Posted: 22-March-2009 at 20:04

Hi all, I have a E36 M3 Saloon and the rear windows dont go up anymore.

I checked the fuse under the bonnet on the top right hand side and the fuse was gone, so replaced and tried again, nothing. Checked the fuse and its blown again.

Any ideas whats up with it? is there another fuse box I can check? Never had any problems at all with them, and there is no movement in either side from any rear window switch...?

I have made sure the child lock is off as well ;)

Sponsored Links

mboon View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2009 at 08:26
anyone?
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2009 at 09:37
What else shares this fuse?
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
mboon View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2009 at 09:41

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

What else shares this fuse?

According to the fuse box nothing, they are on there own fuse front and back windows. As soon as I pluged the fuse in, turned the ignition on and pressed the button it blew the fuse. We have never had any problems with the rear windows before and they do hardly get used as my mrs has the kids window lock on so they cant fiddle with them.

I was not sure if they have two fuse box's on the M3, I have looked but cant find anything. None of the door cards have been removed so cant see any wiring that would of been pulled out etc.

ta

MArk

UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2009 at 11:55
wild guess really but if the windows haven't been used for a while they may stick. we have a four door E36 as well and the rear windows have been solid in the rubbers and the window winder has ripped out of the bottom track when the button was pushed.
Try to move/support the window by hand when pressing the switch and see if the fuse surfives this.
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2009 at 20:57
Seized motor and/or runner i reckon. When you press the switch its probably overloading and blowing the fuse. Take off the door card and take off the motor but leave it plugged in and then press the switch and see if it rotates. If it does then start greasing up the regulator/winding mechanism. That should sort it. Any parts you need you can get from any of the lesser saloons. Good luck with it!  
99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
mboon View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2009 at 12:39
OK this is sorted as well lol, put it in for MOT and the indy fixed it, so much of been easy as he didnt charge me for it. Everything is working again just how it should :)
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2009 at 16:23
Originally posted by mboon mboon wrote:

OK this is sorted as well lol, put it in for MOT and the indy fixed it, so much of been easy as he didnt charge me for it. Everything is working again just how it should :)

can you please enlighten us what the problem was????
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
mboon View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2009 at 16:29
I am not sure what it was,will ask the indy on my next visit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic