Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTar Spot Removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tar Spot Removal
    Posted: 15-February-2009 at 20:33

What is the best way to remove tar spots?

I had tried using a clay bar but this made a huge mess of the clay bar.

I was reluctant to use Autoglym Tar Remover as I know that the Tar remover would remove the layers of polish I have put on the car.  I used the tar remover but then thought that it might have been just better to wait until I am going to polish the car before potentially removing the polish (and tar) by using tar remover.  I was thinking that at this time of year it may be better to leave the polish intact on the car and just suffer the tar spots a bit longer.

Any thoughts?

Andrew 

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2009 at 21:06

Autosmart Tardis is the best i have used

It will remove the polish as will most,so maybe best just ait till the spring clean as after all the roads will all be messy with tar after they go and fill all pot holes lol

adamparker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 12:52
I just use Autoglym polish, which over the decades I've discovered quite efficient in eliminating tar destinations.  For huge ones I depart a little blob of wax on the problem identify and come again to it a instant or two later where normally it has melted enough to remove away as I polish off. 
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2012 at 13:42
Try a bit of WD40 on a soft cloth.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
RobTur View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobTur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2012 at 15:36
If you want a product which will not remove the protection layer and for small tar spot removal then look at Dodo Juice Tarmalade which smells amazing :)
WWW.PRISMDETAILING.CO.UK - New Website Launched !!!!

Swissvax & Dodo Juice Detailer in Glasgow and covering Scotland/UK
EconomyCarLeasing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EconomyCarLeasing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2013 at 05:57
Take a tablespoon of ordinary washing powder Add small diesel to it and an equivalent measure of water Mix it to blend legitimately. At that point take a cloth let in the result then afterward clean the spotted range. Apply a little force on hard spots. At that point wash the auto with ordinary auto cleanser to evacuate the diesel stains from the car body. And it is done.
Paul_540i View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_540i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2013 at 16:34
Originally posted by EconomyCarLeasing EconomyCarLeasing wrote:

Take a tablespoon of ordinary washing powder Add small diesel to it and an equivalent measure of water Mix it to blend legitimately. At that point take a cloth let in the result then afterward clean the spotted range. Apply a little force on hard spots. At that point wash the auto with ordinary auto cleanser to evacuate the diesel stains from the car body. And it is done.

LOL... now we know the secret recipe to car detailing, washing powder & diesel! Have we really found a legitimate use for diesel in the realm of car enthusiasts?

LOLLOLLOL
540i 6-speed manual (sold)

840Ci 6-speed manual (sold)

318is (sold)

Yamaha R1 (sold)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic