Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWing repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chr318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wing repair
    Posted: 19-January-2009 at 20:50
Well after my meeting with a kerb last month this is part of what happened! Can't move the car at the moment as it's in bits and I'm waiting on struts to arrive this week, so I can't get into a bodyshop to have it looked at yet. I've never had any bodywork damage on any of my cars, so I'm pretty unknowledgeable on whats fixable and whats not! Any ideas and recommendations? And yes i have some new rubber on the way!

Boston Green BMW E36 318iS Coupe

Journal - E36Coupe.com
Sponsored Links

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2009 at 20:59
I would say yer wing looks mullered mate,

that whole lip looks ruined apart from the first couple of inches at the front, If I where you I'd have another wing on its way too

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Chr318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chr318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2009 at 21:42
Trip to the breakers then?
If i were to find a Boston Green wing would i still need a respray due to fading etc?
Cheers!

Journal - E36Coupe.com
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 10:39
Chances are it wont match,I know where there is a fresh pre face wing in perth.Coupe King should be able to give you the details as he was there sat.Its fresh but red
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 12:36
Wing is easy enough to replace.  I'd be more concerned with the suspension damage - is that wheel still attached to the car?
Chr318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chr318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 14:05
Nah its all in bits now, just waiting on a new strut, the wheel was still attached in the pic by the lower mounting on the strut. We were actually on our way out to do a shoot, and the only pics i came home with were ones of my messed up wheel etc!

Journal - E36Coupe.com
W4YNE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4YNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2009 at 18:56
i have 325 E36 struts (no top mounts) and you can get a wing from dingbro £47(ish)you need to know someone in trade give me a shout can get one if you are strugglin as for the struts i just put in a full M tech suspension kit but they screwed up and sent me 325 struts which didn't fit the springs so have two struts in the shed??

fecken fox
Chr318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chr318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2009 at 20:58
Cheers Wayne, I do actually know someone that can get from Dingbro, are they genuine BMW? Seems rather cheap?
The near side strut has just been done, got the car back to a drivable state but I'm gonna need the driver side strut done also, what make are the ones you have as I'm lookin for Boge Auto shockers.

Journal - E36Coupe.com
W4YNE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4YNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2009 at 08:12
I'm pretty sure they are Boge shocks will get them out of the shed as for the wing i'm not so sure i searched for a month or two most were good as a hundred quid my bruv used to work for auto glass so he got it for me (from dingbro) he reckoned it was genuine regardless i got it on lines up good i just cant afford the paint

will private mail my number i'm in town most days can take the shocks with me but if you want a look at the wing you will need to come down she's off the road till i get some savin done even more so

fecken fox
W4YNE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4YNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2009 at 15:26
dug them out of the shed they are SACHS BOGE part numbers 14 1500 115 264 and one below 31.31-1 090 462.1 if that makes any sence,I have two shocks and springs for 325 not sure if they are compatable fair difference wieght of engine if no i get most spares from fab direct they are down south BMW recyclers ask for jim

fecken fox
stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2009 at 17:14

Originally posted by W4YNE W4YNE wrote:

as for the wing i'm not so sure i searched for a month or two most were good as a hundred quid my bruv used to work for auto glass so he got it for me (from dingbro) he reckoned it was genuine regardless i got it on lines up good

if it's from Dingbro there's a very good chance that the wing will be made by Hadrian Panels, one of the biggest non-OEM manufacturers of body parts http://www.carpanels.co.uk/

coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2009 at 20:21

Originally posted by Chr318is Chr318is wrote:

And yes i have some new rubber on the way!

And booked in for some wheel alignment i hope!

Chr318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chr318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2009 at 23:07
haha oh yes! still trying to decide whether to get rubber + wheels(thinking E36 M3's), or just tyres and keep my wheels, desicions desicions!

Journal - E36Coupe.com
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2009 at 01:27

haha oh yes! still trying to decide whether to get rubber + wheels(thinking E36 M3's), or just tyres and keep my wheels, desicions desicions!

*Cough*bargain of the century*Cough* - and local....

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=43685&am p;PN=1

ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2009 at 01:39
Ah, still my favourite e36 wheel!
E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

Chr318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chr318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2009 at 09:10
Haha yup, did spot this the other day...

I've spoken to a few people with em for sale and i'm a bit confused as to which ones are actually genuine....

I see there are a lot of replica's and *genuine* that have the ///M logo between the wheel nuts, and others (like the ones on the link) without and have BMW engraved on them, confusing much!?

Journal - E36Coupe.com
big pimpin View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2009 at 12:18

What about a set of lovely staggered alpinas????

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=43825&am p;PN=1

E90 320d - M635 CSi - 635CSi Highline - GMC Typhoon - 4.6 P38
Chr318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chr318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2009 at 12:27
Sorry man! M3's or nothing for me! 

Journal - E36Coupe.com
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2009 at 20:10

Haha yup, did spot this the other day...

I've spoken to a few people with em for sale and i'm a bit confused as to which ones are actually genuine....

I see there are a lot of replica's and *genuine* that have the ///M logo between the wheel nuts, and others (like the ones on the link) without and have BMW engraved on them, confusing much!?

If in doubt post them up or PM, should be able to pick them out. Or just buy graemes one which are mint with good tyres!

Chr318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chr318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2009 at 11:48
Decided to leave the wheels for now, got new rubber on the way, being sensible with money is no fun !

Journal - E36Coupe.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic