Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vorsteiner M3 Titanium Exhaust System for the E90/E92 BMW M3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVorsteiner M3 Titanium Exhaust System for the E90/E92 BMW M3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vorsteiner M3 Titanium Exhaust System for the E90/E92 BMW M3
    Posted: 21-December-2008 at 20:37
Those who are lucky enough to own the latest BMW M3 in either sedan or coupe form but are rather displeased at how un-premium their backbox and tailpipes look (especially the sedan where the backbox is unshielded from sight and displayed quite prominently) can now opt for the Vorsteiner M3 Titanium Exhaust.

There are a few benefits to fitting this exhaust system. Immediate effects can be felt via shaving 16.8kg off the car’s total weight because the Vorsteiner system is lighter than the factory system, as well as adding 14 horsepower and 18Nm of torque to the engine’s output.

Vorsteiner promises an “F1-like” exhaust tone with no interior drone. A Vorsteiner BMW M3 titanium exhaust can be identified via its logo laser-etched on the tops as well as a serial number stamped for authenticity. The 90mm exhaust tips can optionally be had with a blue-torched look, which is shown above.

BMW_M3_Vorsteiner_Titanium_Exhaust_System_5
BMW_M3_Vorsteiner_Titanium_Exhaust_System_1
BMW_M3_Vorsteiner_Titanium_Exhaust_System_3
BMW_M3_Vorsteiner_Titanium_Exhaust_System_7
BMW_M3_Vorsteiner_Titanium_Exhaust_System_8
BMW_M3_Vorsteiner_Titanium_Exhaust_System_2
BMW_M3_Vorsteiner_Titanium_Exhaust_System_6
BMW_M3_Vorsteiner_Titanium_Exhaust_System_4
[source]

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2008 at 18:43
have a look at this one

Tubistyle exhaust
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
stevesingo View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevesingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2008 at 21:48
The problem with Ti exhausts, is that you can't get good bends and I can't see those sectional bends as being good for flow.

I work with the stuff and it is not easy to fabricate.

Steve
1990 Sport Evo No.47 Motec EMS
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2008 at 10:00
Originally posted by stevesingo stevesingo wrote:

The problem with Ti exhausts, is that you can't get good bends and I can't see those sectional bends as being good for flow.

I work with the stuff and it is not easy to fabricate.

Steve

I know the guy from Tubistyle Germany and he told me that they have a more open version for the V8 M3 which releases quite a few bhp! I know him for years and have no doubt about that.

I agree with Steve and when looking at the back box I just don't like such tight bends at all. Ti or SS.

Edited by UweM3
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2009 at 23:21

That looks great, but I would be p1ssed after spending 50+ on a new motor to then have to buy a decent sounding exhaust for it.  BMW should be ashamed, especially when the RS4 and S5 sound soooo good.

Daz

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Shamus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 16:48

That RS4 sounds awesome.

It reminded me of the Ambulance in Carry on Doctor

Gone but not forgotten..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic