Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > 'How To Do'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRemoving Door Bump Strips / Mouldings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing Door Bump Strips / Mouldings
    Posted: 24-November-2008 at 16:58

Hi all,

Removing the standard door bump strips or mouldings whatever name they go by, and replacing them with the wider M3 style strips.

Now, I got the OEM ones from Phoenix BMW and they come complete with new clips attached to the mouldings.

What I need to know is the best way to remove the old ones in order to fit. Am I better to dedicate a day to this job or is it relatively easy and can be done throughout the day at my work?

Any help or guidance appreciated.

As I said, all bits are OEM and complete with white plastic clips/lugs fitted to the strips.

Incidentelly ... I was thinking that even with BMW Car Clun discount £230 was a bit expensive for 6 bits of plastic ???

Existing car is in my signature strip.

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Sponsored Links

HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2008 at 08:32
No-one able to help and advise what to expect? Should I just pull the old ones off and refit or am i looking at removing door cards and all that horrible stuff?

Thanks

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic