Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked*** Portlaoise Meet Up ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballina123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 11:28
I'd probably only hold you up! I'll be taking my time in my old girl (the 2002) if you catch me up give me a wave. You won't miss me its a very bright colour!
1973 E9 3.0CSi Fjord Blue - Irish Car! FOR SALE

1968 Lotus Elan +2 (in pieces!)
1962 Lotus Seven (also in pieces!)
Sponsored Links

larzyh View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larzyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 11:52
See you there, or before there!
Larzyh.
Previously or currently, in the family: '77 E21 320, '78 E21 320, '79 E21 320, '87 E28 520i, '88 E30 325iC, '95 E34 525i, '98 E39 528i, '98 Z3 2.5, '98 E38 740iL, '95 E36 Compact, '99 E36 318iT, '02 E46 318iT, '96 E34 525tdsT, '98 E38 740iL...
larzyh View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larzyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 19:41

Good day out. Would have liked a bit more time to look at other people's cars. Lots of lovely metal! I wanted a go in the Z1 with the doors down and the E46 M3, maybe next time...

Great to see some, by now, familiar faces and to put new faces on old profile names.

Thanks for the advice re. parts ballina123.

Larzyh.
Previously or currently, in the family: '77 E21 320, '78 E21 320, '79 E21 320, '87 E28 520i, '88 E30 325iC, '95 E34 525i, '98 E39 528i, '98 Z3 2.5, '98 E38 740iL, '95 E36 Compact, '99 E36 318iT, '02 E46 318iT, '96 E34 525tdsT, '98 E38 740iL...
Maniac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 22:03

Killian did you already checked polish lads bmw club page?

http://www.bkd-fani.pl/photogallery.php

check the dates of gallery entries- monthly meetings!!!

Thats what NI people said - more socializing. This is the key. Everything else follows naturally.

My strong opinion is- definatedly we need central body to gather information, knowledge, people, influence etc. etc. Right now small groups are doing something and nobody else knows and these groups cant get bigger.

If small criminals want to get bigger and get more power - what they do? They will organize and organised crime can take down the goverments if they want.

If we really want to make it big and sucessful... we have to have 1 strong organisation.

I dont wear seatbelt - I die like a man!

E39 523i
Maniac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 22:11

E39 523i
resident View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 22:36
Hello, We would like to thank you for today event. It was nice to see other BMW site owners/members. We are interested in socializing and we believe in Group Power ,
Mpower be with u :) 

regards
resident
tractor. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractor. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 22:44
Hello there.  Just wanted to say thanks, we had a great day, sorry we didnt get a chance to see round everyones cars (we were clearly too busy talking!).  We landed home at 10pm, just a little over three hours brought us back up the road.  Hope to see you all again in the future.  Kind regards, Colin and Sarah.
Maniac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 22:45

Originally posted by resident resident wrote:

Hello, We would like to thank you for today event. It was nice to see other BMW site owners/members. We are interested in socializing and we believe in Group Power ,

regards
resident

Same here- despite 120 km/h traffic jam in M7 day was great!

BKD- have some teamleader? Maybe have some contact e-mail. For me your webpage is pretty hard to understand

Im in dublin and very often I need extra adrenaline shot :)

Like to see meetings more often- you guys have monthly meets around Dublin????!?!

Edited by Maniac

E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2008 at 23:21
Maniac's pics: http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/bav-board/BMW Event in Portlaoise - Nov 30th 2008/

Does anyone know exactly how many cars were there?

It was a great day out and thanks to everyone who came. It gave myself, Ger & Brendan a number of great ideas in terms of direction and we will obviously follow up on them as discussed.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
xxcharlie27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxcharlie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 00:26

I think there was 17 before the BDK lads showed up & they had 8 or 9 cars

Maniac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 00:36
on the pictures I counted 22

E39 523i
irelandoffline View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandoffline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 00:43
Sorry I couldn't make it, too busy celebrating being a Dad for the first time. Two baby boys born 2:30am Saturday morning :)
E39 Black, DSG off.

elara.ie - boards.ie
Maniac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 01:02

Congradulations DAAAAAD!

2 boys? extra weight... now you have good excuse to buy more powerful car

E39 523i
irelandoffline View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandoffline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 02:15
Just would like it to run smoothly first, too much to do not enough money. Front brakes, suspected rear bushes, change out coilpack. And I'm dreading having to drive them home with the car the way it is :(

If anyone is willing me donate some elbow grease to getting it driving well, you will be forever in my gratitude.

Edited by irelandoffline
E39 Black, DSG off.

elara.ie - boards.ie
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 09:13
Originally posted by irelandoffline irelandoffline wrote:

Just would like it to run smoothly first, too much to do not enough money. Front brakes, suspected rear bushes, change out coilpack. And I'm dreading having to drive them home with the car the way it is :(

If anyone is willing me donate some elbow grease to getting it driving well, you will be forever in my gratitude.

Firstly, congrats on the boys. I home mother and babies are both well.
As for fixing the car, if I can do anything, let me know - you won't have the time!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
beemerchris View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beemerchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 09:59
Originally posted by Maniac Maniac wrote:

Originally posted by resident resident wrote:

regards
resident

Same here- despite 120 km/h traffic jam in M7 day was great!

BKD- have some teamleader? Maybe have some contact e-mail. For me your webpage is pretty hard to understand

Im in dublin and very often I need extra adrenaline shot :)

Like to see meetings more often- you guys have monthly meets around Dublin????!?!

There is an informal meet any second tuesday a month from the classic guys. BMW's from any age are welcome meeting place is the underground car park of the Radison Hotel on the Stillorgan Rd. (N11) at 8pm for the winter month.

Chris

Chris
3rock-Car-Electronics-Services

Cars.:
e34 540t 6sp
e24 635csi
denishogan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
What’s this title thing about then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denishogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 11:29
So, what was discussed? Any concrete plans for events? Or ideas?

@IrelandOffline: Congratulations! 
Maniac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 12:07

Originally posted by denishogan denishogan wrote:

So, what was discussed? Any concrete plans for events? Or ideas?

Main event was superb M collection! M1 M3 M5 M6 and M7 prototype.

Then 4 German  "M3 Cup" Teams performed drifting competition in the carpark and 1 rally stage around Portlaoise...

Ehhhh... you missed all fun!!!!

Seriously...  There are many small groups out there and plans how to put these groups interests together. to gain more respect and benefits from society and companies. All of these groups have same interest - BMW.

We had at least 4- 5 different groups and of course some of them felt that its a plan to melt or overtake them.

Anyway... with respect to everybody no dramatic plans made. Only big point was... we are all out there with same interest and we have to socialize more.

E39 523i
resident View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 13:12
Originally posted by Maniac Maniac wrote:

I am VIP member only :) BKD is very friendly group of BMW owners, we have two Admins (teamleaders), I spoke to them already to start to be more active on ur site :)
To understand  Polish Classes recommended ;)
kind regards
resident
Barry_Mc View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry_Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 21:43

sounds like it was a very worthwhile meet, apol for missing it, as far as events or organisation goes, if an extra pair of hands are needed let me know, more than happy to help.

p*ssed off i missed the m7 prototype and drifting... 

congrats irelandoffline, became a godfather the weekend, it's as close as i want to get for awhile, hehe, alot of hard work, but i hear it's well worth it!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic