Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPDC sensor gotten loose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Surfs Up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blue bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDC sensor gotten loose
    Posted: 23-October-2008 at 14:35

Leaving work the other evening and I noticed one of my rear PDC sensors was hanging down from under the inside of the bumper. It must have been jolted loose at some point on the way to work that morning. I tied it up neatly behind the bumper to stop it getting damaged on the drive home. When I got home I had a look to see what kind of mechanism was holding it onto the inside of the bumper, thinking that maybe it was a broken clip that would need to be replaced. As far as I can tell they are just attached with some kind of an adhesive.

From the look of it, the sensor head is made up of a flat portion with a circular raised sensor in the middle, the sensor sticks through the hole in the bumper and the flat portion is just stuck onto the inside of the bumper to hold it in place.

I think I am just going to superglue it back on as it appears to still be working as every time I put the car in reverse the speaker gives out the high pitched constant tone to tell me I am too close to the inside of my own bumper!

Anyone with any advice? Cheers, Robbie

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic