Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Motorsport & Track Days Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBMW name unchanged driver line-up for 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW name unchanged driver line-up for 2009
    Posted: 06-October-2008 at 21:42

BMW name unchanged driver line-up for 2009

Monday 6th October 2008

Another piece of the 2009 driver line-up jigsaw has fallen into place after BMW confirmed that they have retained both Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld for next season.

Kubica was always assured of his seat at BMW after securing the team their first ever pole as well as their first race during the Canadian Grand Prix earlier this year. The Pole is currently third in the Drivers' Championship with 64 points and still has an outside chance of winning the title.

Although he has been as successful as his team-mate, Heidfeld has still managed to pick up four second-place finishes this season.

The team also confirmed that Christian Klien will stay on as test driver.

"We see Nick and Robert as a strong driver pairing and Christian as an experienced test driver," BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen said.

"We are in no doubt that we will again achieve our ambitious aims with them in the team's fourth year."

The announcement comes hot on the heels of Williams' decision to keep Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima as their drivers for next year. Ferrari and McLaren have also said their line-ups will stay the same for next season while Sebastian Vettel will partner Mark Webber at Red Bull.

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic