Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFog Light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fog Light
    Posted: 25-November-2003 at 12:31

Unbelievable, was checking the buld in my fog light and couldn't have replaced it propally, as when driving it later I heard some strange noises, pulled over to have a look the whole light is mashed up - Arrrrg!

Only replaced them a couple of months ago, what an idiot! So does anyone have any suggestions where to get a replacement, local stealer wants £53.51 seemed a bit much? Got the last ones of Ebay, but can't really be bothered with the hassel! 

Cheers

Sponsored Links

dave 328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2003 at 14:44

How did you mash your lights from replacing a bulb????

If you have to replace the cluster, have a look at the restyled ones (like the infamous 'Lexus lights') Could be an idea to upgrade.

Beefio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2003 at 15:19

You've misunderstood Dave my good man.

I was checking the 'fog light' bulb (cos it's out) and didn't push the light back in properly, so it then fell out while driving and mashed on the road - Great £53.51.

I've looked on Ebay though and found a pair for £55 inc. post. They look alright to me, they say their 'genuine'!? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2443375509&category=28646

There's also the crystal ones, not sure though, look a bit cheap? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444724145&category=10374

dave 328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2003 at 17:20
I'm still confused as the rear light clusters are bolted in, and don't need to come out to replace a bulb?
Beefio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2003 at 18:44

yep your right, but I was checking the front!

My bad should have said!

Ant318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2003 at 21:47
Beefio , I have just ordered a set of crystal fogs for my car. They cost me £60 from a genuine supplier. E36coupe.com are doing a group buy on these at the moment for that price. They look a lot better than standard. Go for it.
Ants318is
dave 328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2003 at 22:08
Originally posted by Beefio Beefio wrote:

yep your right, but I was checking the front!

My bad should have said!

Doh!! I always think of fog lights being the rear and front fogs as driving lamps.

Anyway I would as suggested, get the Crystal jewel type foggies.

coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 12:01
Hey dude get yourself the crystals like it says above, alternatively i have an old set, not mint, but hey they are 10 years old, yours for £20 quid the pair, no brackets but will fit your old ones!!!
Beefio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 12:47

Thanks for the offer coupe king, I think I'm gunna get the crystal ones! Only thing is my headlights are a bit dull and I don't wont them to look out of place, can't afford to replace them at the mo.

Also, I look at the e36coupe forum alot, I think it's the best one, but I just can't seem to register, it keeps looping when I press the agree to 'policy statement' screen? Really annoying, take it was OK for you? Sent them an email, but no reply.

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 14:26
Hmmm, strange.... the forum-based e-mail is a bit tempramental, try e-mailing  kul@e36coupe.com he will help you, he is the administrator who runs and set up the site....so he should know!!!
Beefio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 14:35

Yeah thanks I will, I just sent them another email, but I'll try Kul. Thing is I can't buy those crystal fogs as I can't post on the forum, really frustrating! To be honest the guys selling them on Ebay for £60 + £7.50 post so their only actually saving £2.50.

Your motors still looking good! Are they the standard lights on the back? Did you see the ACS bonnet/boot badges on e36coupe, I thought they looked really good, especially on the black car, you should get some!? What about those ACS pedals on Ebay I suggested, don't fancy um?

dave 328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 14:50

Only thing is my headlights are a bit dull and I don't wont them to look out of place, can't afford to replace them at the mo.

Mine were a bit dull but now they are like new, nice 'n' sparkly. Infact I was thinking of the replacement lights like the Angel eyes etc but now they look pretty good. Some you see are dull and foggy and look crappy, but mine now look decent.

Have a look at this thread to 'brighten' them up!

http://www.bmwcarclubgb.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4058&PN=1

Beefio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 15:02

Funny enough it was me that was asking you about it. I was gunna give tit a go, took a headlight out and the glass off, but as you say there is the plastic bit with the prisum etc, and I couldn't really see how I was going to clean the glass if I couldn't get to it. I know you said to just soak them, but I bottled it and put it back!

Does it really work then, with just a soak?

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 15:15
Yeah, again if you are a member you can get a discount from that guy who sells the schnitzer stuff, i have the grille badge, and the handbrake handle, i wouldnt mind the pedals either, i think ill get em after Christmas!!! The lights are smoked, they look a lot nicer on the car than on the pics! If you want to be included in the group buy go onto the FAO page find Pete 323 on the post (his e-mail addy is on there) for crystal fogs tell him i sent you and that you are having probs joining up, & that you want to be included too, tell him you are from this forum!
Ant318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 15:45

Thanks for the offer coupe king, I think I'm gunna get the crystal ones! Only thing is my headlights are a bit dull and I don't wont them to look out of place, can't afford to replace them at the mo.

Also, I look at the e36coupe forum alot, I think it's the best one, but I just can't seem to register, it keeps looping when I press the agree to 'policy statement' screen? Really annoying, take it was OK for you? Sent them an email, but no reply.

Beefio,I had the same problem when I tried to register. You have to disable your firewall first. If you have not got a firewall then I aint got a scooby doo.

Ants318is
Beefio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 15:55

Yeah I do that'll be it then! Bit weird though, never had to before.

Is this some sort of front for a cyba-terrorisum group!

dave 328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2003 at 16:42

Beefio,

Doh didn't check the names in that thread!!

The glass bit you take off, with the black plastic surround and lenses in it, is the bit you stick in the water, totally safe so long as you don't drop it!!!

Its these bits that look dull over time!! It worked wonders for me!!

Also do you connect to the t'internet thru AOL??? As I had this loopy thing when logging in on a forum. Try connecting using AOL in the usual way then minimise it and click on the e (windows internet explorer) then go to the forum thru this.

Edited by dave 328
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic